v. get to work

|current time.

The love I had for Li was out of this world. A nigga would've fucking died for her, real rap. But even she did shit that questioned me at times. Nonetheless, she was my baby and a nigga still gon' love her until they throw dirt over me. The things that lead me to such a self-destructive path is things that I'll reveal later on, things that spreaded along as I came in contact with different women. Things that I wouldn't even think of doing, if I had another chance at life.

"So, Lisa was just a little crush of yours?" I sighed and leaned back.
"Guess you could say that."

|october 17th, 1987

"Order up!" My voice rang throughout the pizzeria as I chimed the bell with the palm of my slight greasy hand. I wiped my forehead free of sweat before looking back up at the small strip of paper that had messy writing on it, telling me what I needed the decorate the pizza with and how it should be cooked. I bit my lip as I soaked in all the ingredients before reaching for an already made pizza crust. I spooned the marinara sauce on the crust and tilted it at an angle and spinned it on the palm of my hand so that the sauce could cover the whole base of it. I sat the pizza down on the counter and devoured it with cheese before dipping my hand in the sausage container and stuffing my mouth with it.

Lord knows, I have no business cooking at all. Thanks to my good friend, Joe, he hooked me up with the job here. I desperately need some type of cash flow coming in to help out at the house, seeing that there's barely food there. I'm tired of coming home from school to a dark, no lights having house with a empty refrigerator and small doggie bags full of white powder everywhere. Of course, I don't like the fact that my mother is a druggie, but I would put up with it if she takes care of her responsibilities at hand, first.

I know I might seem sick or even crazy, but their are functional drug addicts. People that smoke until their eyeballs meet Jehovah themselves and get high and drunk, and then sleep the shit off and go to work the next morning to provide for their loved ones or even the habit. But Ma, she just doesn't work anymore. Ever since she got laid off from the packaging place, she went downhill. She'll back off of it for awhile and go strong but when something bad or unexpected happens, she reverts back to the same coping therapy.

I tried to work with her and remain patient, but I could only do that for so long before I finally had to take action. I love my mother to death but until I see some actual effort and motivation, I'm going to continue to slave over a hot oven and work until my fingers fall from my hand. I topped the pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onions and mushrooms before shoving it into the oven. I sighed and cleaned up my mess and waited for the pizza to get done so I could cut it and be on my way out.

I get my check today, so I'm mad excited. I can finally fill up the fridge and buy my sis some more of those bows she wanted for her hair. And with the overtime I've been racking up lately, I can probably spend the rest on myself.

.

"Here you go, here you go, here you go..." I groaned and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for my name to be called so I could grab my check and roll out. Ma had just called and said that I needed to make it home as soon as my shift is over but it seemed as if he was taking the longest to give us the money we slaved for.

"Next!" He called out. I mumbled 'finally' before stepping up with my left hand out and the other stuffed in my pocket. He glanced at me before chuckling. What was so funny? I'm not sure, but whatever was, it better not be too funny to where I can't get my money. I shifted in my shoes to showcase my anticipation and he noticed it, and said something they made me groan.

"In a rush, aren't we? The money isn't going anywhere, so calm down." He smiled, showing his gold tooth that had the letter G carved in it. I nodded my head. "Yea, gotta get home." He grunted before slapping the check in my hand and moving me along.