Chapter 18: Clean Up

Magsimula sa umpisa

"But what if you get killed again?" Neptune asked.

"Against the demons I face?" I smiled. "I won't!"

"You're not lying, are you?" Neptune asked.

"Not at all." I stated. I hugged her, and placed my finger under her chin, and looked her in the eyes. Red began to cover her tear stained cheeks. "Why do you care about me so much?"

"I told you I care about you!"

"But it seems like you do more than a friend," I explained. Neptune went bright red.

"N-no!" Neptune stuttered. "Ew! I don't like like you! Y-you probably have like cooties, or something! So, no thank you!"

"Alright," I chuckled. I held Neptune close to me with my arm.

"The moon's pretty tonight." Neptune stated.

"Like you?" I smiled. (Damn it Brian, you've used this line a lot!)

"Stop!" Neptune blushed.

"C'mon, don't be too bothered by my flirting!" I smiled. I kissed Neptune's cheek. She smiled warmly at me and turned around.

"I didn't say I was. I'm going to bed, we have another long day ahead of us tomorrow!"

"Yeah," I agreed, and took a swig of my wine.

"Don't get drunk though, a hangover tomorrow would really suck!" Neptune giggled.

"I won't," I replied. "Good night Neps."

"Goodnight Bri-Bri!" Neptune smiled.

***

I opened my eyes as my phone buzzed powerfully next to my head, and blared an alarm into my ear, like a screaming child. I grabbed it and turned it off. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. Buddy lay next to me.

"Buddy?" I said, throwing the covers off of me.

"Peashy, Rom, Ram, Uni, and Nepgear kicked me out of their room." Buddy sadly stated, his eyes still shut.

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said. "C'mon, time to get up!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Get up!"

"Make me!"

"Okay!" I went to grab Buddy but was blasted back, through the bedroom door. I crashed horribly into the hallway, breaking my nose. "Ouch!" I groaned, holding my bleeding nose.

"Brian, please stop getting blood everywhere." Neptune sighed, walking to me.

"I'm sorry," I said with no enthusiasm. "I'll be sure to land better next time I get blasted by a magical teddy bear." Neptune smiled, rolling her eyes, and held her hand out. I smiled, grabbing a hold. She yanked me up, and brought me into a hug. She then kissed my cheek.

"Ready to work today partner?" Neptune asked, with sparkling eyes and a cat mouth. :3

"We are partners?" I asked. She nodded with excitement.

"It'll be super duper!" Neptune giggled.

"I'll get ready for our date quickly then." I smirked.

"It's not a date!" Neptune quickly replied, her face burning up. "Just go get ready!"

"I'm coming too!" Buddy chimed in as I closed the door behind me.

"That'd be nice!" I smiled, patting him on the head. "Together we can clean the city!"