With my enhanced hearing, I hear the tightening of someone's grip on a bow and the preparation of an arrow being pulled back on the string and before I could do anything, the mysterious person releases their grip and lets the arrow speed towards me.

The arrow tears through my skin and my hand instantly curls around the wooden arrow sticking straight out of my chest just under my right collar. If I were human, this would be fatal, but luckily I'm not - It does hurt like a no other though. I try to pull it out but the sensation of pain was too much. This needs to stop happening - I can't continue to be mended back together only to be torn apart again.

I lie on the ground, breathing heavily with the arrow sticking upright.

"You're not ready," a voice says. I realize that the simulation has stopped along with my heart. The heat rises to my face and it feels like my eyes are on fire.

I scowl and ignore him and also try to ignore the flashbacks from last night. "I am."

My nocturnal senses switch on and I could see the electrifying glint of his eyes as he stalks over to me and kneels down to my level. "No, you're not."

"Yes," I say through clenched teeth. "I am."

I try to speed away but Valentine gets a good grip around my shoulders and pulls me back. I bite down on my lips to suppress a pained scream from coming out. The arrow is still stuck in my collar, protruding out of my back.

A feeling twists in my stomach from his touch and all I want is his arms around me and his lips on mine. I try to take is hand from off of me and wriggle away but he keeps me planted in the same place.

"Stop moving, I can't get it out if you persist," his gravelly voice was stern but it made my stomach turn in whimsical twists.

"Are you insane?" My voice rises. "You were the one who impaled me with the damn thing."

"Indeed, but that was to help you focus." I grit my teeth at his comment and growl as his long fingers wrapped around the metal plated arrow.

"And you thought stabbing me in the collar would help?" I grunt as he pulls it out and my hands tightly clasp the fabric of his shirt. I cringe at both the sound of flesh tearing and the horrible feeling of getting the sharp object out of my neck.

He breathes in and smirks. "More or less."

"Well, I don't need your help," I detach myself from him. "You can go back to whatever it is you were doing."

He gives me a ferocious look as if he was a predator getting ready to pounce at his prey. An intense wave of heat hits my core and penetrates through my stomach. His presence makes my heart beat faster making the blood rush faster out of the wound he created. I shouldn't be so vulnerable around him - even after what happened last night.

"You mean return to listening to the vampire council reprimand me for starting another war in the underworld?"

"If it's that important then you are excused."

He takes a few steps toward me, finally understanding why I was behaving in such a way. "I had to attend this meeting."

"Since when did you give a damn about the council?"

"If I had the choice, I would have stayed, you know that," he pleads. His body language told me that he wanted to be close but I don't think I'm ready to do that, at least not yet.

"Do I?" He was only a foot away and I walk towards the door. "I have tasted your blood and even shared the same bed with you but I don't know you."