The days of Summer

Start from the beginning

"Oh, oh you should all see your faces....ah that was rich. Did you really just blurt it out like that? Maybe I should've annoyed you sooner! Lover boy would still be yours!" Draco was holding his sides, continuing to laugh, "just remember what I said, yeah?" He was laughing as he closed the compartment door and walked off. "Oh that was rich!" His voice drifted through the door.

The others looked between each other and then to me—waiting for an answer. I sighed and sat down, "He told me to not go home."

The others shared a look and I sighed in exasperation, "come on, spit it out people."

"Bloody hell, that....that was a surprise twist," Ron whispered.

"That definitely explains some things," Harry commented, slowly nodding his head.

They averted their gazes aside from Harry who just sighed and looked down at his hands.

"Sorry, Riley," Ron muttered.

"I can't believe I just did that...." I laughed into my hands, "four years I tried to hide that. Oliver tried to cover for my arse. A whole school year trying to keep that secret from getting out at every turn.....I burned newspapers to hide that....and here I go and just blab it because that thick git irritated me."

Hermione coughed slightly, I looked at her as she gave me a pointed look. Both boys sat quietly processing the information that their friend was a death eater's daughter. Neither seemed outraged yet, both sat contemplating the information.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you two," I whispered to the compartment.

"Oi, hang on. What do you mean two? Hermione knew this whole time?" Ron said, his voice slightly hurt that he wasn't clued in on the secret.

"Only because I stuck my nose in it," Hermione said a bit stiffly, she gave me a guilty glance, at this Ron laughed while Harry tried to hide a smile.

"That is your forte," Harry stifled a laugh.

"If Hermione knew...." Ron was processing the information slowly.

"I've only trusted Hermione and Ginny with the information since my first year."

"Ginny knows?!" Ron and Harry both shouted outraged.

"She had a traumatic first year here!" I said defensively, "she had a right to know."

We were silent for a few minutes, looking at each other and started to laugh, any tension I thought was in the compartment broke easily. I rubbed the bridge of my nose, continuing to laugh at myself, Ron patted my knee comfortingly as a tapping came to the window, I looked up and saw an owl running with the train. I opened the window and it landed with a thud and dropped a letter for Harry, it was from Sirius Black.

The train finally pulled into the station and we grabbed our luggage and took off, I glanced around for anyone I knew but there was no one. Oliver said he would be waiting for me but he was nowhere to be seen, I sighed—I had a feeling this would happen, ever since he had tried to find a quidditch team to try out for he was always busy now. I took my suitcase and sat down on it, I watched as other families were greeting their children—I saw Harry give the twins his winnings from the tournament and saw Draco waving goodbye to me. I noticed Narcissa glance over at me, she regarded me with a small nod before turning to her husband and the three of them disappeared.

I sat there quietly and slowly the platform was emptied—except for a black shaggy dog that was walking towards me. I watched the dog walk towards me, stop, look in all directions, and turn into Sirius Black, I smiled at him as he approached.

"You just missed Harry," I greeted him as he towered over me.

He smiled and looked around, "I'm here for you actually."