s i x

Emilia

Emilia

"Emilia, wake up!" Stefan says, shaking my shoulder as I squirm on a metallic floor. "If you don't wake up, Klaus's going to kill Elena." He hisses and my eyes finally snap open.

I go to sit up but an ultimate groan escapes me at the pain on my stomach. "What is that?" I ask, horrified as I look at the crowbar in my stomach.

"That's something to keep you unconscious." Stefan replies before he wraps his hands around it. I hold my breath as he pulls it and I finally breath out, the wound starting to heal.

"Now, going two hours back. Tell me what happened." I say, standing up as I stretch my back.

"Rebekah somehow found out that I'm hiding something, which is the fact that Elena is alive. She told Klaus and so he took us here in Mystic Falls." Stefan answers, sighing.

"Gosh, do you have a soft spot for everyone?" I ask loudly, looking around the empty street.

"Save your words, Klaus probably killed thousands by now." Stefan says before he grabs my hand and pulls me to the school's back door.

"You know I can walk on my own, right?" I ask, looking down at our hands.

"Yeah, but...." Stefan pauses, stopping as he turns to look at me.

"But what?"

"Never mind." He whispers, gulping. His eyes roam my face for a little too long and I open my mouth to mutter a sarcastic remark, but he beats me to it. "Let's go." He says, clearing his throat before he continues pulling me down the hall.

"They're in the gym, I can hear them." I point out and Stefan nods. We turn a corner and Stefan pushes the red gym doors as we step in the hot atmosphere.

Both heads turn to look at us and Elena smiles. Her eyes look between the two of us before she frowns, her eyes looking down at our entwined hands. I immediately clear my throat and pull my hand from Stefan's, stepping away from him.

"Stefan...Emilia." Elena breathes, her eyes roaming between us both.

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" Klaus asks, looking at Stefan before his eyes move to me. "Princess, forgive me for hurting you." He says, sincereness in his eyes.

"Klaus, I came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge my loyalty." Stefan spoke up, gaining Klaus's attention.

"Well, you broke that pledge once already." Klaus replies, crossing his arms.