[CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR]

"You guys can't be serious." Violet groans. "If there's a chance we can catch Victoria, then I'm going."

"Look, Vi. Greta has put you through a lot lately. You need to just.." Hannah starts.

"Are you all actually trying to put me on house arrest like Edward's fragile human?" Violet questions looking at her family, minus Edward who was away with Bella, but all of them seem to be oddly quiet. "Jasper?"

"Darlin', I know you want to come. But maybe you staying here wouldn't be a bad thing." Jasper admits.

"You too? Right." Violet scoffs. "You know what, fine. I'll stay home, read, maybe knit a little and whatever else I can do to be a good little vampire. You all go, chase Victoria. I wish you all the best of luck."

Violet speeds to her room making sure to slam the door shut. Muttering some vivid curse words under her breath she listens as her family slowly leaves.

"No way am I staying here." Violet mutters as she takes off into the woods, kicking down a couple trees on the way.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Greta says.

"Now is not the time." Violet snaps turning away from the vampire.

"Someone sure is angry." Greta muses.

"No thanks to you." Violet exclaims. "So why don't you do us both a favor and stop playing your games for once."

"But what would be the fun in that?" Greta inquires.

"Life isn't just fun and games." Violet remarks.

"For me it is." Greta smirks.

"Stop!" Violet screams pinning Greta to a tree.

"But if you kill me how will you ever find out why I want to destroy you?" Greta asks.

"You never were going to tell me anyways." Violet retorts.

"That's not exactly true." Greta counters sliding out of the blonde's grip. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?" Violet questions.

"Somewhere private." Greta pauses as an amused look appears on her face. "It's time to finish what started long ago."

Violet deliberates whether or not to follow her, Greta has been trying to destroy her since she met her. But if she really was planning her the truth Violet knew that this was her only chance to keep Jasper safe.

• • • • •

After running through the woods to the middle of nowhere Violet and Greta end up at an abandoned factory building.

"Why are we here?" Violet questions as they reach the center of the building.

"I told you — I'm ending a centuries old fight." Greta reminds her.

"We'll I'm not.." Violet starts.

"Shush, Miss Grace. Before I end you I'm going to tell you my story." Greta says. "And then you're going to burn in hell like your ancestors."