[CHAPTER SEVENTEEN]

"Okay, this is far enough." Violet states crossing her arms. "Now what the hell is going on?"

"It all started two nights before your wedding. I caught Cameron and Greta making plans to run away together, so.. I blackmailed them. Apparently Greta didn't take that so gently." Hannah begins to explain. "Once I woke, Greta threatened me if I didn't leave town immediately and I couldn't risk you getting hurt. And little did I know, she had already taken matters into her own hands and turned you as well."

"When did you find out that I was alive?" Violet asks.

"1943, but I wasn't able to find you until recently." Hannah answers.

"Why couldn't you tell me this earlier when I saw you in the mall parking lot?" Violet questions.

"Because, I've been running for the last five hundred years and I knew that she was catching onto where you were." Hannah informs her. "But when she showed up here I knew that I had to stop running and hiding. That's not the kind of life I want. I don't want to just survive, I want a life with my sister."

"Well, what.." Violet starts but is interrupted by her phone. It was Alice. Plastering a smile on her face, she answers. "Hey Alice, what's up?"

"Where the hell are you? We came back to the dressing room, but you were gone." Alice exclaims.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just that.. an emergency came up." Violet tells her.

"What kind of emergency?" Alice inquires.

"Just something important." Violet replies. "Look, I'll explain everything later. I have to go now, I'll talk to you later."

Hanging up, she stuffs her phone back in her pocket. Crossing her arms, she eyes Hannah signaling her to continue.

"Look, while I was running I learned something about Greta, about why she's after us." Hannah blurts.

"Continue." Violet says.

"She wants to take away your one true love, the person that you didn't meet until a couple of decades ago." Hannah explains. "She's wants to kill Jasper."

↠ ↠ ↠
MAY 1943
Hannah looks out of the window of the home that she was currently in, still thinking about her sister. She may have died a couple centuries ago, but that didn't mean it hurt less.

"So, do you live here alone?" Hannah asks the woman.

"Yes, ever since my husband died." The woman answers. "Why do you ask?"

"Just asking." Hannah says, plastering a fake smile on her face. "Do you have any tea? I'm starting to feel parched."

"Oh, yes. It's actually a family.." The woman starts turning around, but begins screaming as Hannah drains the woman of her blood.

Dropping the body, Hannah can't help but feel her eyes burn from tears that weren't even there.

"I'm sorry." Hannah whispers before setting the body on fire and exiting the home.

"Well, isn't this a pretty picture." Greta comments as she appears behind the emotional vampire.

"Greta." Hannah breathes. "What are you doing here?"