[CHAPTER SEVEN]

Violet sits at the island with Jasper as they watch Carlisle and Emmett cut up some food while Esme and Rosalie make a salad.

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie questions annoyed.

"Her name is Bella." Emmett shrugs.

"Yeah, cause that's a determining factor." Violet scoffs. "And besides, it's food. I'm sure she'll love it no matter what. Most humans these days aren't too picky about their food."

"Get a whiff of that, here comes the human." Rosalie remarks as Esme walks over to Bella with a giant smile on her face.

"Bella, we're making Italiano for you." Esme tells her.

"Oh." Bella breathes.

"Bella, this is Esme. Our mother for all intensive purposes." Edward introduces.

"You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlisle informs her.

"I hope you're hungry." Esme smiles.

"Yeah, absolutely." Bella nods.

"She already ate." Edward states, causing Rosalie to break the glass bowl with salad that was in her hands.

"Perfect." Rosalie sneers glaring at the human.

"Yeah, it's just because I know you guys don't eat.." Bella starts.

"Of course, it's very considerate of you." Esme assures her.

"Just ignore Rosalie, I usually do." Edward says.

"Yeah, let's just keep pretending like this isn't dangerous for all of us." Rosalie snaps.

"Rose." Violet frowns not liking where this was headed.

"I would never tell anybody anything." Bella tells them.

"She knows that, we all do." Carlisle comments.

"Yeah, well the problem is you two have gone public now, so.." Emmett starts.

"Emmett." Violet warns him.

"No, she should know. The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly." Rosalie exclaims.

"Badly as in.. I would become the meal." Bella muses.

And this obviously human statement causes all of the vampires in the room, except for Rosalie, to chuckle.

"Hi, Bella. I'm Alice." Alice smiles walking in with Will before hugging her. "Oh, you do smell good."

"Alice, what are you.." Edward trails off.

"It's okay, Bella and I are going to be great friends." Alice assures him.

That's when Bella notices Jasper holding his breath while Violet held his hand reassuringly.

"Sorry, Jasper is one of our newest vegetarians. It's a little hard for him." Carlisle explains.