Prologue

"Dammit, Jack!  I swear it is your life goal just to piss me off!"  I yelled angrily.  I ran a hand through my hair and puffed out an angry breath.

"What did I even do?  You seem to be the one who makes a big deal out of things!"  He yelled back, although not as loud as me.  I think he knew I was fragile and didn't want to scare me too badly, but get his message across at the same time.

"Well if you didn't PISS ME OFF I wouldn't!"  I argued.  "Just give me some space, please."  I sat on the edge of my bed and tried to forget he was standing in the corner of my room, arms crossed, and trying to figure out what to say, unsuccessfully.  My mouth says 'leave me alone', but my mind is screaming 'dammit, Jack!  Hug me and make it better!'

He sensed this.  I felt an arm around my shoulder and he pulled me into his lap.  I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck.  I breathed in his heavenly scent.

"I'm sorry I pissed you off."  He whispered.

"I'm sorry I overreact a lot."  I smiled lightly into his shoulder.

"I forgive you."  I could tell he was grinning.

"I hate you."  I said playfully, pulling my head away from his shoulder.  I looked him in the eye and saw that loveable twinkle of cheekiness.

"You love me."  He countered.

"Do I, now?"  I tried to keep a straight face but failed.  He nodded.

"Yeah, I really think you do."  He smirked.

"Hm, I guess I do."  I placed my hands on his cheeks.  "But I still hate you."

"Fair enough."  He shrugged.  I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck again.  I played with the chain of his necklace at the back of his neck.

"You know, I love-hate you too."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Cool beans."

Omg I am so excited to write this fanfic.  I hope you are just as ready to read it!  If not, well, then...this is awkward.  But yeah, I hope you guys like this!  I put a lot of thought into it.