"Open up the case!" he demanded in an even tone. It sent a chill up my spine. He kept his eyes locked on mine.

I heard the case click open. I took a quick glance at the case, and felt my blood turn to ice. My eyes widened as I focused at what was inside the case. I sucked in a shaky breath. The alpha walked over to the case, and plucked a long thin silver knife from the many inside the case.

He came back over to me, and leaned in close to me. So close I could feel his unnaturally warm breath on my face.

"I'll ask you again." He held the knife to the side of my face. "Do you know what I am?"

I didn't dare nod my head, in fear that the knife would slice me. Instead I answered.

"Werewolf," I said in a shaky voice.

He took a step away from me, smirking. I relaxed a bit now that the knife wasn't on my skin.

"See, that wasn't so hard. Do you know who I am?"

I shook my head.

"I'm Alpha Nolan Steffan. How much do you know about the werewolf world?" he asked.

"Not much."

"Do you know why you could be here?"

"You want to use me against my family."

"The correct term would be torture you for information."

He watched carefully for my reaction, and he got the desired reaction. He turned to his son in the corner.

"You say the words out loud, and you install a deeper fear," he explained, as if I wasn't even there.

I fumed at that. It didn't take much to light my blood on fire. Ignoring me when he planned to torture me, was one of them.

"Why do you think I would even know anything?" I yelled with anger.

He turned back to me with black cold eyes. He was fuming because I had raised my voice to him. In a swipe of his hand, I felt my skin sting as he sliced a long thin line under my jaw. I gasped in pain, and felt tears escape. They mixed with the blood when they reached my jaw. I looked down through blurred eyes at my lap where the blood dripped down.

"Don't ever raise your tone to me!" he yelled in anger, slamming his fist on the wooden table.

It made me jolt up in my seat, and pull the hard fibers deeper into the cuts on my wrists. I winced, but didn't let the whimper escape my lips.

He set the bloodied knife down on the table. I let out a breath of relief. He smirked at me, and then peered carefully at the case. He pulled out a knife that stopped my breath. It was a small knife, but what scared me was the notches in the knife. Each new sharp notch, the knife got wider and wider. It reminded me of a deadly sharp Christmas tree. My eyes widened. He started to circle me, like a hawk circles it's prey before swooping down and feeding off of it.

"Your part of that family right?" he asked.

I nodded my head, because my voice wouldn't come to me.

"Well then why do you think you wouldn't know anything?" he asked.

My voice returned.

"They had only told me a month ago about werewolves," I explained in a shaky voice. I didn't dare tell him I figured it out before.

"I know your clever," he stopped behind me. He leaned over my shoulder, and spoke into my ear.

"You must have heard something that you weren't meant to. M-"