Curiosity

*Second Task—George's POV*

"Have you two seen Ron or Hermione?" Riley asked us as we sat down next to Ginny. I frowned and shook my head, Riley sat back with a worried look on her face.

I glanced at Fred who shrugged and I continued to watch the lake—waiting for something to happen, "guess we're going to be waiting for a bit huh?"

Riley nodded and we began to play games to pass the time away.

"Look someone's coming up!" Ginny exclaimed as ripples appeared in the water.

"It's the girl Fleur," Riley stated.

Cedric appeared sometime later, and then Krum—we sat nervously waiting for Harry until he jumped out of the water and came to the dock, Riley and Ginny ran down to see him while Fred and I held their things and got in the boats to take us back to shore.

"Do you think Harry will win?" Riley mused a few days after the second task, we sat on the grass in the cool air. Riley was resting her head in my lap and Fred was skipping rocks in the black lake, I sighed as Riley prodded my ribs.

"He has a fair shot at this point," I shrugged as I prodded her side back.

Fred came and sat beside us, I noticed his knuckles stick out as he took in how Riley and I were sitting—he was fairly jealous that Riley was just as comfortable with me as she was with him, but he'd never let it show, at least not with Riley around. "Harry will win, I know he will."

Riley nodded as she closed her eyes and sighed, I glanced down and could tell exactly why Fred thought she was beautiful—her light pink hair reflected the sun and her cheeks were slightly pink as I realized she was starting to doze until I  jumped up.

"Riley your hair is pink!" I shouted.

Riley shot up and looked around confused, "what's going on?"

I pulled out my wand and transformed my watch into a mirror for her to see, her hair was now short and light pink—I had to admit she looked pretty cute. Fred stood beside me looking just as confused as Riley, "I'm going to run to McGonagall's I'll see you two later."

We watched Riley run off towards the castle, I turned towards Fred and shrugged. "I don't remember what people like that are called, maybe she inherited that gene."

Fred nodded, "I remember dad talking about them before."

I sat back down and laid on my back, "I'm sorry if I bother you."

Fred laid next to me, "what do you mean?"

I laughed, "I saw your hands. You were mad that she had her head in my lap."

"It didn't bother me."

"Come on mate, I know when you're lying."

Fred nodded silently next to me, "she's still hiding a huge secret from me. It bothers me at night sometimes, after the Yule Ball all I can think about is that I barely know her still."

I nodded silently, "she has her reasons for not telling you Fred."

Fred sat up, "I just wish she'd tell me and then, when she does stuff like that with you I sort of get a little jealous because I feel like if she's that comfortable with you then why isn't she with me?"

"You were the one skipping rocks, and I had a free leg."

Fred nodded, "I just wish she would tell me what's going on with her. She told me she loves me but then it's as if she's some different person sometimes. I've lost sleep trying to figure out what is going on. Hell, I've been reading the papers for months because I heard those trolls mention her father is all over it. But I don't see anything abnormal when I look."