"Fuck!"

She cursed stalking inside the kitchen and opened the tap to of sink. She splashed cold water on her flushed face which was burning red as her entire body shook with anger.
"You didn't do good to me, Rohan."
She seethed splashing her face and angled her head to drink water from the tap. She gulped down the water and pulled back panting to wipe her chin.
"You're making it too easy for me to do you." She scoffed at herself and tightened her grip on the brim of sink till her fingers turned white. She banged her fist on the edge of the sink and stormed out of the kitchen hissing in anger. It had become more complicated than it ever had been. What had started with a simple meeting became the sinister game between two. And there's no one to be blamed except Rohan who had ruined her happiness again.

'It's all her fault'

 She stopped passing the door to basement and a sudden fit of madness took over her clouded mind as she approached the door. Years had passed yet in a moment like these, the haunted memory from Melaine's past would return to ache her heart in pain and rage. The emotions she couldn't differentiae and it's because of Melaine's inability to tell them apart from each other which had resulted in the incident. Her breath shortened and her hand hovered above knob, before she opened the door and stared into the darkness.

The boy stood in the middle of the room with his back to her and Melaine descended down the steps to face the boy. She carefully circled around him holding her breath as she inched near and noticed a girl in blue frock lying dead at his feet. The girl was bathed in a pool of blood; a hole in her chest from where blood had been gushing out. The boy stood emotionless with both hands coated red, face smeared with red stains and feet soaked in her blood. He dropped to his knees and started sobbing at the sight before his eyes. He took the girl in his arms burying his face into her neck and clung onto her dearly, rocking her gently as if he had been lulling her to sleep.

'I'm sorry'

The boy whispered into her blonde hair and started humming the tune to the girl which Melaine remembered with a guilt. He pulled back and kissed her cheek staining it red with his lips. He raised to his feet and closed his arms around her sister's chest from behind and dragged her across the dirty floor. He heard the descending footfall towards the basement and he pulled them both in a corner of the room. He pulled the dead girl in his lap and wrapped his arms around her possessively and looked up at Melaine with a grin.

"Melaine"

She jerked out of the thoughts when Darren put his hand on her shoulder.

"Why are you standing in the darkness?"
He questioned and Melaine looked around noticing the blackness of the basement except for the light coming from the open door. She felt her wet cheeks realizing she must have been crying.
"Nothing"
"You have a habit of scratching your old wounds. Come, I'll take you to your room to rest."
 She nodded and let Darren guide her outside the basement upstairs to her bedroom. She laid down on right edge of bed arms limp at her sides and Darren lay on the left side of the bed.
"What were you doing alone in the basement?"
"Nothing had changed that night and nothing has changed after all these years."
"Things had been set in motion after that night. Reality has changed for the people connected to you if it weren't for you."
"Rohan hasn't... I'm still trapped in the agony of that night."
"He is a tough game for you." Darren chuckled and craned his head to see Melaine staring at the ceiling paralyzed.
"He wasn't supposed to be a game. It had never meant to be like this."
"You are playing with fire and you are likeable to burn yourself again."
"If it's not for candle that gives flame, moth would never burn."
"There's no candle today but you're still attracted to the flame that had been put off."
 "It was supposed to be easy. Why did he have to make it difficult for me again. He ruined it for me."
"If anybody had ruined it for you, it's you. You're too obsessed with him to let him go."
"If I had been obsessed with him, I would have killed you otherwise for sleeping with him."
"You're the person who gets obsessed."
"I do not."
"You can't lie to yourself. Obsession is extreme height of loving someone. Don't you agree?"
"I don't know. I-I could not....I cannot share."
 "You could never share. If you could have learned to cope with your unhealthy obsession, things would have been much better."
"You couldn't have let us to be better. You destroyed our childhood."
"I'm not talking about myself. You knew exactly whom I am speaking of."
"It's pathetic."
 "Who? You or Rohan?"
"Both. Even after all these years, Rohan just...can't love me."
"Who does he love is not you and it's the truth that pains you that he will never be able to love you."
"He shouldn't love Laine."
"You were too possessive to share what you loved with anybody."
" I'm still possessive of what I had loved and I'll never share it." She spared Darren a sideway glance before picking her phone from the table and shot up from the bed.

"I need to make a phone call." He himself got up from the bed and walked to close his arms around Melaine. She shuddered in his embrace as he put his mouth near to her ear.

"You can play little girl to everyone but remember you can't fool me." He kissed Melaine's head and let her go patting her hair. Melaine nodded curtly and left the room. She needed to be careful around Darren who was quick fox himself. No matter who he presented himself to be, he had been the one who ruined Alan's life and his sister.

'I'm sorry'

He remembered