LOVE? LOSE?

''Carter, wake up." I felt a hand gently shaking my hand. I slowly got up to see that it belonged to Micheal. 

"We are at your house," he said. I looked around and indeed we were parked in front of the house. The lights were off so I guess my mom is working the late shift again. I let out a deep sigh and turned to face him.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" I demanded.

"Yes," He smiled. "I'll save you a seat at lunch."

It was silly, after everything we'd been through these past few days, how that little promise sent flutters through my stomach, and made me unable to speak.

"Do you promise to be there tomorrow?"

"I promise."

I considered that for a moment, then nodded. I pulled his jacket off, taking one last whiff.

"You can keep it, I have plenty more and I know you love my smell" he smirked.

I handed it back to him. "I don't want to have to explain to my mom why I have a guy's jacket."

"Oh, right." He grinned.

I hesitated, my hand on the door handle, trying to prolong the moment.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he sighed, and I knew he wanted me to leave now.

"Tomorrow, then." I opened the door unwillingly.

"Carter?" I turned and he was leaning toward me, his glorious face just inches from mine. My heart stopped beating. Was he going to kiss me again. I hope so. I really yearn to feel his lips on mine again. 

"Sleep well," he said. His lips then press against my forehead. Another sweet gesture that left me stunned. I blinked, thoroughly dazed. He leaned away.

I was unable to move until my brain had somewhat unscrambled itself. Then I stepped out of the car awkwardly, having to use the frame for support. I thought I heard him chuckle, but the sound was too quiet for me to be certain.

He waited till I had walked to the front door, and then I heard his engine quietly rev. I turned to watch the his car disappear around the corner. 

I reached for the key mechanically, unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

I rest my back on the door as I closed it. I had the goofiest smile one my face. Tonight was probable the best night of my existence.

I walked up the stairs slowly, a heavy stupor clouding my mind. I went through the motions of getting ready for bed without paying much attention to what I was doing. I took a shower and just stood in there, too tired to move, until the hot water began to run out.

I stumbled out, wrapping myself securely in a towel. I dressed for bed swiftly and climbed under my sheet, curling into a ball.

My mind was still excited about the date and Micheal's sweet gestures.

About one thing I was absolutely positive. First, I was truly, madly and deeply inlove with Micheal. And secondly, I have officially lost the bet.

***************************************************************************************

It was very hard, in the morning, to argue with the part of me that was sure last night was a dream. However, I clung to the parts I couldn't have imagined - like his kindness. I was sure I could never have dreamed that up on my own.

It was sunny outside my window, absolutely perfect. I dressed in a loose white graphic crop top, light acid wash jeans and black high-tops.

When I got downstairs, Mom was gone again. I swallowed a granola bar in three bites, chased it down with some milk, and then hurried out the door.

The sun was shinning extremely bright. I couldn't wait for the bus to come. The sun was so bright and almost blinding that I wasn't able to see that a few feet down the driveway there was a car in it- a black BMW. My heart thudded, stuttered, and then picked up again in double time.

I didn't see where he came from, but suddenly he was there, pulling the door open for me.

"Do you want to ride with me today?" he asked, amused by my expression as he caught me by surprise. 

"Yes, thank you," I said, trying to keep my voice calm. As I stepped into the cool car, I noticed his black jacket was slung over the headrest of the passenger seat. The door closed behind me, and, soon enough, he was sitting next to me, starting the car.

  I noticed that he wore no jacket himself, just a wight V-neck shirt with long sleeves. Again, the fabric clung to his perfectly muscled chest. 

"You done yet?" he asked. I could feel my cheeks turning bright red as I was caught staring at him.

"You know. If you ever wanna get a good look, all you gotta do is ask," he said with his famous smirk. 

"Nah. I'm good," I replied my cheek getting even more red.

"Suit yourself."

 We drove down the street and made , always too fast, feeling awkward. I was, at least. Last night all the walls were down... almost all.

I didn't know if we were still being as candid today. It left me tongue-tied. I waited for him to speak.

He turned to smirk at me. "What, no twenty questions today?"

"Do my questions bother you?" I asked, relieved.

"Nope. I actually like it."

On the way to school we talked about random things. We talked about my family and past. It was very nice for a change. the car then suddenly came to a halt. It was then that I realized we were at school. We quickly gt out of the car and headed to the cafeteria.

Under the shelter of the cafeteria roof's overhang, Mel was waiting, her eyes about to bug out of their sockets.

"Hey, Mel," I said when we were a few feet away. 

"Sup sis," Micheal  said.

"Hi." She shifted her wide eyes to me, trying to gather her jumbled thoughts. "I guess I'll see you in Trig." She gave me a meaningful look, and I suppressed a sigh. What on earth was I going to tell her?

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

******************************************************************

Another update. Yeah. I am trying to update regularly. I hope you like it.

REMEMBER TO:

VOTE,

COMMENT,

SHARE

AND FOLLOW

LOVE YOU ALL

PEACE OUT

XOXO