Riverflower seemed to realize their recognition of them, as she padded forward a few pawsteps and purred, "You've regained your bearings much more quickly this time, Osprey. Good job."

     "Thank you, I think," Ospreykit mumbled and glanced between the four cats. What were they doing here, again? The strong scent of herbs in the background implied they were in Riverflower's den, but why? They could only recall bits and pieces of their memories before this—they remembered the voices, scents, and blurred shapes of their family, and they remembered feeling feverish a few times. Had they been sick?

     "You look much healthier," Wavedance's soft mew pulled their attention to her approaching form. "You're a little skinny, but it's nothing a little fresh-kill won't fix. Splash—"

     "I'll go get her a minnow!" Splashkit chirped before their mother could even finish her words. He quickly raced out of the den, returning a few moments later with a shimmery fish in his jaws. After dropping it at Ospreykit's paws, he returned to his spot with Crabkit.

     Ospreykit took one look at the minnow and their stomach growled loudly, urging them to eat. Quickly, they tore into it, and within moments there were only a few scales and bones left of it. When they looked up from the remains of their meal, they realized that both Riverflower and Wavedance were watching them closely—more closely than their siblings.

     "Do you think you can stand, Osprey?" Riverflower asked, her tone encouraging.

     Ospreykit tilted their head a bit. They wanted to respond with 'Of course I can!' but as they moved their limbs to lift themself up, they quickly bit back the response. Much like before, their muscles screamed angrily in response to the movements and efforts of lifting their body. Biting back a hiss, they slowly stood upright. After a few shaky moments, Ospreykit gained their balance and shifted their weight around experimentally.

     Congratulatory murmurs came from the mollies that watched them, and their brothers quickly ran up to them. Ospreykit blinked as their littermates reached out to touch noses to their own, both of their eyes glittering with excitement.

     "Can they come play with us now?" Crabkit asked eagerly and turned away to face their mother. "They're not even that wobbly!"

     Before their mother could respond, Riverflower shook her head. "How about you help them get used to the sounds of the camp for today? This will be their first true venture into the main clearing—it'll probably be pretty overwhelming."

     "Yes'm," Splashkit mewed for both of them before offering Ospreykit his shoulder. "Come on, we'll help you out!"

     Ospreykit blinked and sniffed at him before trying to take a step without help. Their leg gave out halfway through the movement and they found themself leaning against their brother, much to their displeasure. This is so embarrassing. I can walk by myself!

     "Mom, are you coming with us?" Crabkit asked as Ospreykit and Splashkit made their way to the entrance of the den.

     "I'll join you soon," Wavedance purred. "I'd like a word with Riverflower first. You go on ahead."

     With their brothers, Ospreykit made their way through the thin screen of reeds and into the main clearing. They tried to support more of their own weight with each step, despite their littermates offering to help. When they broke into the sun-dappled camp, Ospreykit noticed several larger cats wandering about the clearing. One sat on a cluster of flat stones in the center of the camp—Splashkit quietly hissed that they were called the Daystones. On the opposite side of the sun-covered stones, a couple sat lazily by a small pond.