Me? Widen your eyes, let your mouth hang, look like a stupid person in awe. Yeah, that's how I look like.

She positioned herself nearer, and threw a smaller one and once again, it was a perfect shot.

Wait. I get it. She's distancing herself according to the daggers' measure. That way, she can calculate the spin needed so that when it hits the target, the sharp part is exactly on the front, hitting the bullseye.

Now, that's strategy.

Finally, she threw the last one, it flew right past the keeper's mustache, giving it a trim, before it hit the target.

Has she been doing this for ages?

When she was finished, the crowd cheered for her and so did I. The cheating keeper took the sword and gave it to her, shaking with fear.

Serves you right for cheating!

I put an arm around her shoulders and so did she, sending me chills up my spine.

"You were amazing back there." I complimented.

"Haha! Thanks and-" she knelt down in a curtsey, "Here's your sword."

I rolled my eyes, "I told you. I was just kid-"

"Take it." She demanded.

"Okay. Okay." I said, taking the sword.

We both laughed at our actions. I held out my hand and she took it. We walked together until we reached the last village near the palace, where she lived. We had a few chats on the way. For the first time, in a long time, I was enjoying myself. I was happy. And I thank her for that. I thought this day would turn out horrible but it turned out to be one of the best days of my life.

We finally arrived at our destinations.

"So, I guess, this is goodbye." She said.

I blinked," For this day only, right?"

"Of course. If time permits." She grinned.

"I'll beat up time if it doesn't allow me to see you again." I warned.

She laughed, "Well, call me. We can beat him up together."

"Yeah, sure." I smirked. "Will you be going to sleep?"

"Nah. I have some things to do. I think I'll be up til midnight."

"Okay." I smiled.

She was about to walk away and so was I but...

"Aspen." She said the same time I said, "Isabelle."

We laughed, "You first." I insisted.

"If you ever happen to be in this part of town again, don't be a stranger, okay. Find me. I'll just be around" She smiled

"I will. So, does this mean..."

She cut me off by holding out her hand, "Friends?"

My heart was pounding and I couldn't breath. But, I managed to take her hand, "Friends."

We smiled at each other before we let go. We turned our back once more to leave. But, I felt like a needed to say something. So, I turned around and called her before she could go completely far.

"Isabelle?"

"Yes?" She turned immediately.

"Thank you for this day."

She nodded, "Thank you too."

I smiled, satisfied, then left.

I was running towards the castle, no I was skipping like an idiot. I was too happy to just walk. It was night so the palace doors must be locked. Good thing my window was open and the rope I used was still there. So, I climbed up to my bedroom.