MESSAGES

Daniel

That king is without a doubt the most annoying one to take the throne.

He made me wait here out the palace gates. I have to go hide. I'm a man in danger. My life is always at risk of possible death when I'm out in the open. Scarlett has 360 degree vision when it comes to me. She can even smell my fear!

As some guards went by, I moved closer to a corner to avoid being seen.

"Damn it, Aspen. Where are you?"

I narrowed my eyes as I searched for Aspen and Isabelle in the Sorahian crowd. I can't see them. I shook my head and leaned against the wall. They're taking forever.

"Daniel..."

Oh no. Who is that?

I hesitated to turn my head at first to know where that creepy call is coming from. But, my head turned around by itself and I saw where all that creepiness emanated from.

Two grim reapers!

"Noooo! I knew it. Scarlett already had me! I'm already dead! Now, you two are going to take me to some horrible place bloodier than her hair! Whyyyy?!!!"

Suddenly, to my surprise, the disrespectful grim reaper slapped me.

"Be quiet, will ya?! It's us, stupid," he said.

"Hey! That hurt a lot." I said as I rubbed my cheek.

Finally, he removed the hood of his cloak and I saw a face worse than the grim reaper's.

"Oh. I thought I was going to finally rest in peace."

Aspen rolled his eyes, "Idiot! In hell?"

Aspen removed his cloak and so did Isabelle. He was already wearing his royal robes.

"Let's go, Daniel."

I nodded, "Fine. Let's take the west door. There are fewer soldiers there."

______________________

"And I'm here because...?"

"Because if Scar finds you, you'll be dead for sure."

I nodded, "Good call."

Aspen added, "You're lucky I'm letting you stay here with us at the library even though I can't afford distractions."

I rolled my eyes, "Please. As if I would distract you while you're flirting."

He perked up, "What was that?"

"I won't distract you, your majesty." I said as I did a curtsey.

"Good."

"But it's okay if you can't help yourself. I don't get distracted that easily," Isabelle said as she walked closer to me.

I almost cried at Isabelle's concern,"How do you stand hanging out with a devil? You're an angel."

She whispered, "Well, he does have half a halo around his head."

I scrunched my face in disbelief,"No he doesn't."

"Of course he has." She smiled.

I blinked, then I suddenly thought about it, "He paid you, didn't he?"

"What? Of course he didn't. Even if he did, I won't accept it." She said.

I gasped, "What kind of eyes do you have?"

She shrugged, "Maybe he just doesn't show that halo around you guys. But he does have one."

"I still don't-"