Chapter 2

*Alarm clock buzzes*

"Ugh..." I opened my eyes and slapped my alarm clock to the ground. I forgot to turn it off since schools out.

I got up and walked to Alec's room, "Alec~" I put my head on his door and whined.

I soon heard him groan, "Go away Avalon!"

I grinned, "Well I guess I'll just have to eat all the bacon myself!" I ran downstairs and opened the fridge.

I heard him yell, "Don't you dare!" Soon rapid footsteps were heard.

"Hah!" I giggled and raised the package up high, I was three inches taller than him.

"Don't torture me like this Avalon!" He whined.

"I'm going to camp today, remember?"

His facial expression suddenly changed, "Oh yeah...I almost forgot. Can you please not go Ava? It's a stupid biological species camp! I know you're going on purpose so I won't join with you! You're such a meanie Avalon!" And with that he ran off crying. Ugh my baby brother was such a baby. Wait, that makes sense. I didn't want to deal with him today. I'm only going to be away for two months, gosh he's just over-reacting. I quickly ate a bagel and some bacon before shouting upstairs,

"I'm going Alec!"

I heard him opening the door and storming downstairs. He glared up at me and hugged me,

"You better be back home soon."

I giggled, "I will, you'll be at basketball, time will fly." Oh I loved my pain-in-the-butt brother.

I waved at him before my mom and I drove off. It was a three hour drive so I slept on the way.

"Avalon~" I heard my mom saying.

"Huh, what?" I slightly opened my eyes and looked around.

"We're here, so help me unload the trunk."

I sat up and looked around. Oh great, trees, trees oh and more trees. Wonderful.

I groaned and got out of the car and glanced around. There were a lot of people heading towards the front. Sweet, the guys looked hot! I had a feeling that this summer break would be great.

"Avalon! Get your butt over here and help me!"

I rolled my eyes and turned around helping her carrying a huge box.

After unloading, we exchanged goodbyes and she was off. I'm all alone now. I took a deep breath and grabbed a box in one hand, and dragged my suitcase in the other. Hey, I was considered strong for a girl and I can more than handle myself. I walked over and stood in line like the rest of the kids. I looked around and saw a huge black gate and a long stone wall that surrounded what seemed to be the camp site. I slightly jumped when someone tapped me on the shoulder,

"Huh?" I turned around and saw a little girl looking up at me.

"Hey! You look new, have you attended this camp before?"

I shook my head, "No, it's my first time."

She smiled and her smile seemed to lighten my soul, "Well hello! I'm Liliana!"

I smiled back, "Hey, I'm Avalon."

"Next!" I heard a old lady shouting.

I quickly turned around and walked up to the desk, "Hi, I'm Avalon Rune."

She gave me a key and some paperwork, "Yeah, I know, next!"

I quickly moved to the side, "Rude..." I said under my breath.

Liliana came running over, "What room number did you get?"

I glanced down at my key, "501"

She smiled wide, "Me too! Guess we're roommates then!"

I giggled, "Yeah, I guess we are."

I looked around and saw everyone gathering around the gate. Liliana and I walked over and joined them.

"I wonder what you are..." I heard her say.

I looked down at her tilting my head, "What?"

She giggled, "Oh nothing!"

I just smiled and looked around. I was glancing around when I saw him. He was like an angel as he walked over from a distance. His brown hair glistening in the sun. The way he smiled made my heart pound faster. I shook my head and looked down at the ground. Dang, wasn't he something!

Liliana tugged at my shirt and pointed to the gate. A old man was on a podium,

"Welcome to camp Ravenwood Creek! I hope to make this year safe and enjoyable as last year!" His voice trailed off when Liliana started to giggle

"What?" I asked.

"Seems like someone has an eye on you!" She giggled.

"What are you talking about?"

She just pointed. I looked in the direction and saw a guy staring at me. He smiled and waved at me. I wanted to smile and wave back like I normally would but I felt nervous so I quickly looked back at Liliana.

"Do you know him?" I asked.

She was giggling, "Mhm! He's Drake Oren, and I think he's got the hots for you!"

My eyes got wider, "What makes you say that?"

She looked at me and stopped giggling, "He was staring at you since you got here. Awe you're blushing!"

I shook my head, "Psh, I'm not blushing."

We jerked out heads up when we heard the gates opening. Liliana smiled and started walking towards the gate. I followed her in and as soon as I stepped through the gates, I could not believe my eyes.