Chapter 33

*Third Persons POV*

It had been a week since Harry had come home and found his brother lying dead on his bed. Anne and Robin had gotten the next flight home as soon as they found out over the phone with Louis.

Neither Tierney nor Marcel had returned to school after, and Harry had not left his bedroom- only to eat and go to the toilet. Anne and Robin had been organising Edwards funeral, which would be held at the nearest church in Holmes Chapel, which happened to be the one where they had gotten married.

On the day of the funeral, Anne had made Harry and Marcel dress in their best suits, and Tierney in her best dress. Of course, they had to look smart, but Harry had gone against his mothers orders and placed Edwards blue beanie on his head, which was Edwards favourite.

The family (and Niall) all climbed into the car that followed the hearse, where Edwards coffin was. The church wasn't far away, but it still took them around fifth teen minutes to get there. As they pulled up, they couldn't help but notice how many people had turned up. Aunties, Uncles, both their grandparents, family friends, friends from Edward's college and Niall's parents and brother Greg, along with baby Theo and Denise. Then again, Edward was very close to the Horans.

"If it was me who had died, There wouldn't be this many people at my funeral." Harry thought to himself as the car finally came to a stop.

The man who was driving the hearse got out and opened the back, where Harry, Marcel, Robin and Niall stood two each side, ready to carry the coffin into the church. As Harry lifted the coffin onto his shoulder, Anne came up behind him.

"Harry darling, please take off the hat, it's disrespectful towards your brother."

"It's not disrespectful if it's his hat is it mother?" He simply replied, leaving Anne a bit shocked.

The four boys started to walk forward, making their way into the church first, Anna and Tierney following right behind. "It will rain" By Bruno Mars was playing around the church, and the four men slowly lowered the coffin onto the stand. Maura (Niall's mother) stepped forward and handed Niall a picture frame. Niall placed it on top of the closed coffin, and Harry noticed how it was a picture of Edward in the exact same beanie that Harry was wearing, except he was stood next to Niall and not him. Anne also walked forward, and handed Marcel a picture frame as well. When Marcel placed this photo on the coffin, Harry noticed that he was the only one who wasn't in it. From what he could tell, it was taken at a beach, and they were all laughing.

Harry felt a tear slide down his cheek when he looked at the photo, then turned and sat down in the furthest seat from the rest of his family, next to a woman he recognised as his great aunty.

"Hello aunty Janet." He sighed as he placed himself on the seat next to her.

"Hello dear. Why aren't you sat with your mother?" She asked.

"I don't think that they want much to do with me at the moment." Harry replied.

"Well you're welcome to sit by me. Nice hat by the way." She smiled lightly.

"Thank you. It's Edwards."

***

At the end of the service, Harry and the three others made their way up to the front, to carry the coffin outside to the spot where Edward was to be buried. They got to the place and placed the coffin onto the ropes that lower the coffin into the ground.

A box of dirt was handed around and each family member took a handle each, as did Niall and Greg. Once the coffin was lowered down, Tierney stepped forward and threw the dirt on top of the coffin, followed by Marcel, then Anne, then Robin, then Harry, then Niall and Greg.

Once everything had finished, all the guests made their way back to their cars, ready to go to the tents that were set up in a near by field, where Edward and Niall used to hang out.

Everyone had left except Harry, and Niall but Harry didn't know that. He sat down next to the open grave, and let the tears fall down his cheeks. 

*Harry's POV*

Sitting down next to the oen grave, I finally let all my tears that I was holding in fall. I hadn't cried properly at the service because I wanted to show people that I was strong.

"I'm so, so sorry Edward. I took it too far. It should've been me who overdosed, not you. Even better if I swapped places with you, and pretended to be you so they thought I was dead. Either way, it should be me six foot under and not you. I-"

"Don't talk about yourself like that Harry." An Irish accent said from behind me.

"Niall! Why are you still here?" I asked him as he sat down next to me.

"Well, I wanted to give my best friend a proper goodbye. Not one where I'm surrounded by people." He shrugged. "And why did you say you deserve to be six foot under?"

"Because I made him kill himself."

"What so you told him to kill himself?"

"No! No! I kind of, I don't know. I didn't tell him to do it, but I kind of made him do it. Make sense?"

"Nope." He said, shaking his bonde head. Did he dye his hair? Because it was brown at the roots and blonde on top. Maybe I should dye it, start making changes.

"Oh. Well it was my fault." I told him, picking the grass.

"I understand." He nodded. "What was the reason? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I'm going to tell you. Basically, I was bullied in school and it used to upset me and anger me. I tried and tried to keep it bottled up, but one day I just snapped. I took all my anger out on them, mainly Edward." I paused.

"What did you do?"

"I hit them, did whatever I could to hurt them, mainly Edward at first. He was popular at school and I wasn't, so I took i out on him. I hated being the out cast of the family."

"I can understand why you did that. Is this why you got arrested not so long ago? Because you were abusing them?"

I nodded, not wanting to speak any more, because I might just burst out crying agin.

"I need to get to the tents. You coming Harry?" Niall asked, getting up and brushing his suit trousers. I shook my head, wanting to stay b my brothers side a little longer, because I was never by his side when he needed me most.

A/N I AM WARNING YOU, THE END IS NEAR! PROBBLY ONE MORE CHAPTER AND AN EPILOUGUE. 

Once this book is finished, I will continue updating Alpha, which is my Zayn book.

LOVSIES! ~ Evie