Chapter 3

As we pulled into the drive, we saw a light turn on in our brother's room. Marcel must've woken up at the sound of the car. Edward turned off the engine and we both got out. The sun was just starting to rise above the horizon. It was an nice soft orange colour. We walked through the front door to find Marcel coming down the stairs.
"Hey Marcel." I said.
"Hey Tierney."
"You want some breakfast? I'm cooking."
"Oooh I'd love some! What are we having?"
"Sausage, bacon, egg and beans if that's alright?"
"That's fine." He told me, pushing his glasses further up his nose.
I walked to the cupboard and started pulling out the frying pans and saucepans. Edward went to the fridge and got out the bacon, eggs and sausages and Marcel went to the cupboard to get the beans. I turned the hob on and poured the olive oil into the frying pans.
"I'm just going to get a different shirt on." Edward said, winking to me. I knew what he meant. He was going to check if Harry had left any bruises on his stomach. I put the sausages and bacon into the same pan and Marcel poured the beans into the saucepan. I heard Edward coming back down the stairs and come over to the other side of me.
"Are you OK?" I asked him.
"Yeah, only a little bruising." He told me. I nodded and carried on cooking.
"MMM smells great!" Marcel said.
"You can start the eggs." I told Edward.
Once the food was cooked, I told the boys to lay the table for the three off us. I started dishing the food up when there was a thudding sound from the front door. Edward got up and went to the door. I took the plates over to the table and sat opposite Marcel, so I could see the door. Edward looked at me and then opened. There stood our drunken brother, Harry.
"MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!" He yelled at Edward shoving him onto the floor.
"What is your problem!?" Edward asked him.
"WHAT'S MY PROBLEM? MORE LIKE WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?"
"Dude! Calm the fuck down!" Edward ordered. That did not please Harry. He kicked Edward in the ribs. He let out a cry of pain.
"What are you two looking at?" Harry asked.
"N-Nothing" Marcel stuttered, taking a mouthful of beans. I carried on eating until I had made sure Harry had gone upstairs. Once he had, I ran over to Edward who was lying on his side holding his ribs. I turned him onto his back to see his face stained with the tears that had fell silently.
"Edward? Edward get up."
"No." He mumbled, turning back onto his side.
"Yes. Marcel come here and help me get him up."
"No Marcel. Stay there. I'm fine here."
"No. Marcel come here." I said. He came. "You get one arm, I'll get the other."
We both took his arm and pulled him. He let out a moan of pain but we carried on. We took him up the stairs, past Harry's open door and into the bedroom opposite. Mum and Dad still hadn't woken up. I had never been into Edward's room before, but it smelt nice. It was a pale blue colour with drawings covering the wall behind his bed. We put him down on his bed and the stood back.
"Just leave me here." He told us.