Chapter 15: Love Trip pt. 2

"What?!" I shrieked as I straightened my back and turned at him. I tried to seek any cue by sorting out his expression.

"You're kidding right?" A smile escaped my control. I can't believe we're going on a trip to Jeju and I can't help but to leap in excitement.

I stared at him with my mouth gaping open. I was caught in surprise and couldn't find the words to express myself. He was looking at me too, probably enjoying the look on my face.

"But oppa, isn't it too late to go there already? How can we go back in time?" My head twitched.

"Who said we're having a round trip? We're staying overnight there Jagi." A sly grin was forming on his face. He sounded so sure about this, that it made me fear of its possible aftermath.

"O-Overnight? But, I don't have any clothes. And, don't you have work to do, Lee Taemin?" I gave him a surmising look, but it didn't do good in making him think twice.

"I've got it all covered up, Jagi. Don't worry." He said breathily while grazing his nose through my hair.

I aimed to persuade him but he had outwitted me before I could even try.

***

We reached the airport and immediately boarded a plane heading to Jeju island. After an hour of flying, we finally arrived at Jeju international airport.

Taemin was in his casual gray, v-neck sweater and a pair of black tight pants. A mask was covering half of his face again, and his bangs added up to his disguise.

His flat sneakers didn't seem to lessen his height. He still stood tall with the dark beanie that he wore above his head. It has a 'homeboy' print, styled in bold letters.

"Oppa, I'll carry this." I grasped for the handle of the huge duffel bag he was carrying.

He was waiting at the counter, paying rent for a car. And I thought I should carry one of the bags that was making his arms tire.

"Uhm....how about this? Thanks Jagi." He smiled and moved the stroller luggage towards me. It was the easiest to handled.

His hand was still on its shaft when I held it, replacing him. It caused me to notice the rosary bracelet around his wrist, which he always wear. I realize how he really treasured that possession a lot. And I wonder who gave it to him.

After the rental was settled, we were directed to a silver hatchback car. And we drove off in an instant, not wanting to waste time.

***

"Oppa, you already got used to this place, huh?" I asked while my eyes were stuck out the window, trying to catch sight of everything.

The skies were already dark outside, and the huge trees made it more dusky. We had drove off the little city and now we're surrounded by a mere landscape.

"Yeah, I've drove here a couple of times. So, I'm a little familiar of the streets. And...I have a map with me...just in case." He hummed a laugh.

He had removed his mask by the time he started driving, and I was glad every time I turn to face him, witnessing the cast of his face. I noticed him glance at the map he unfolded earlier. Then his face turned serious while his eyes were shifting at it from time to time.

"Yah! Don't you even dare getting lost, Lee Taemin." I warned him jokingly, sensing that he's just pulling a prank on me.

"Uhm... Jagi, I-I think we already are." I looked at him and saw a glint of horror in his eyes, that made me accept the fact that we're really lost.