CHAPTER 1: OVUM

"Since this is our first-time meeting, let's introduce ourselves," Harry slid his glasses to the table. He was a tall man with tanned tattooed skin, yet he covered it with his coat to make himself look more professional. He sets his thick papers and a pen neatly in order. He was a bit of a perfectionist. The sound of the clock ticking was echoing around the room, their silence was leading the ticking cluck right into their ears, vibrating their eardrums.

She plopped down on the sofa comfortably; her dirty sneakers messily off from the carpet. She was wearing a white doll dress from the hospital. She had a pale face and the longest hair. It was obvious she never had it combed, it was messy and greasy. Her face was whiter than her teeth, her lips even; she seemed to be lack of hygiene.

"It says here your name is Thomas. Mine is Dr Edward,"

"Am I sick?" She wondered. She had tired eyes; there was a small bump by the corner of her left eye and it was soaring into him when she tilted her head. Overall, Harry realized she had exquisite pair of eye shapes.

"People can be sick in many ways," he begins by wrapping his finger around his favourite pen and started tapping on the table, sending rhythms along with the clock ticking. "Do you know why you're here?"

"Momma sent me," she lay down on the sofa; her feet reaching the ceiling that her dress started to peak up her thigh.

"Do you know why?"

She shrugged and it was honest. Harry was an expert of facial expressions, yet she sat there with sincere wandering eyes. No sense of guilt, whatsoever.

"You hurt your teacher," he started yet still; no expression. "Do you happen to remember Mr. Hall?" his British accent was thick, though it was clear for her.

She made a disgusted face by scrunching her nose. "He's my English teacher," he started writing on the blank paper.

"You tore his foreskin off with a metal ruler," he entwined his finger and focused on her. "Do you remember that?"

However, she shook her head. "I dreamt of him touching me," she tilted her head and looked at the man who was interrogating her, as if to make sure what she had said was true.

"That wasn't a dream, dear," he almost let out a voice with a sense of pity. "He forced you on your knee and then you hurt him, out of self-defence, I hope. Do you remember what happened before?"

She shrugged. "He likes to touch my thigh when he roams the class," she didn't sound like she was a victim, never had a voice that she was sorry for herself. "I can't seem to remember,"

"That's okay," he smiled, hoping she wouldn't fear him yet he thought, I don't think she's afraid of anything. "Have you ever hurt anyone?"

She wiggled her feet, her tiny toe intruding through the tiny hole of her white socks. "Animals," she mumbled. "A bird, a cat, a duck," she said lowly. He continued writing on the paper. No sense of remorse. She looked at him and let out a small laugh. "I do pity," she fluttered her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

She let out a grin, "I've been to many psychiatrists, Doctor, and I get mistaken of it a lot,"

.

"Doctor!" a teenage boy ran his scrawny legs up to him. He had a pretty ocean blue eyes and it was round and innocent-looking. He was wearing a worn-out jacket and a French hat, which was now drenched. His nose was a bit red from the cold weather and he was breathing heavily.

"Leo?" Harry pulled out a bit of his umbrella for the boy's security from the pouring rain. "Why are you here?"

"Leaving the hospital so soon?" the boy frowned, his thick eyebrow furrowing closer and looking pathetic like a puppy. "Are you in a hurry?"

Harry knew what the boy wanted so he looked back to the hospital entrance and shrugged. "I guess we can chat,"

They ran back into the hospital, accidentally splashing into a tiny puddle. This resulted into the drenching of the collection of newspapers from two days ago with the face of a girl on front page.

THOMAS IRWIN: PROVEN INSANE.

It was almost night-time and the sun was setting yet the rain made the day even darker; it was such a gloomy day. It was the day of mourning.

"What is it that you want to know?" Harry brushed his wet hair away from sticking on his face. His green eyes illuminates, greener under the white hospital lights.

"I heard you were Thomas Irwin's psychiatrist," they both sat on the red plastic chair that was by the counter against the wall in a row. There were nurses frantically running around in a hurry that it seemed like something had happened.

"I am," Harry said coldly. He always had that smug face that sometimes intimidate people. "How did you know?"

"Did you realize the mob outside?" his blue eyes looked at him. "If it weren't for the rain, I doubt this hospital would be so private," Harry looked out the glass door, looking at flashes through the dark. He sighed. "What's she like?"

"Who?"

"Tommy," Tommy, what a cute name.

"She's hard to read," he admitted. "She's confused between dreams and reality," the boy is asking what she's like, not her mental state. "She's undisciplined, but she's harmless," Harry realized the boy was looking at him with big eyes, hopeful and glimmering. "Do you know her?"

"We used to be in the same class," he smiled, looking at his dirty boots. "She's the nicest girl I've ever met," then he started to frown. "Knowing her to do that, it just seems impossible,"

He looked up and somehow, his vision adjusted to Tommy by the vending machine. His eyes light up and Harry's gaze followed suit. "What's she doing out her room?" Harry wondered.

She was in her hospital robe and she tried pushing the notes into the machine but somehow it blurted the note back out. She forced it for the third time, the fourth time, the fifth time, and she had lost her patience. She took a fire extinguisher nearby and smashed it with it, screaming all along.

"There you are!" one of the nurse shouted. The nurses and doctors ran over to grab her as she struggled. A doctor forced a needle in her that were maybe a bit too much for her tiny body and she quickly passed out into the arms of the nurses.

Leo and Harry just watched. Harry looked at the boy next to him, his mouth was agape and surely, he was speechless. "The nicest, you say?"