"i just wanna friend" - LT one shot

"Lizzy, I don't think 'ya get it."

I leaned against the windowsill, my eyes looking out the open window. The small fairy girl sat besides me with a angry expression (which I was sure I was the cause of). She flew up, her wings like a hummingbird's, and went in my face arms-crossed.

"I understand I'm not eight feet tall and half wolf, but we're both outcasts." Her demeanor became more calm, but she still had an edge to her voice, y'know? A passive aggressive voice, I think that's what people call it. I wasn't really sure though..wasn't that when people want to be mad but don't have the guts to be mad? Or was it somet-

"LT? Helllloo, you in there?"

I snapped back into reality, dotting up my head and fully opening my half-closed eyes. She was scary like this. Her little eleven inch form didn't hold the amount of rage she had for sure. I'm positive she kept her extra hatred in her pouches. Alongside her magic dust had to have at least some of her bottled-up emotions. But that wasn't the point now, it never was to begin with. I just can't keep serious thoughts in my head without thinking about something else (As you can see. Sorry, I ain't good at this.)

Anyways, she sighed and sat on my head, tugging at the top of my ear like she always did. I looked up, trying to hide my fear. I gave a nervous chuckle then sighed myself.

"Ya know what I mean, Liz. I ain't saying that you're place don't matter, it's just that.." I trailed off. "People don't fear you."

"You're scared of me!"

But that wasn't my point at all. I laid my head down again, the morning dew wetting my white fur jacket and she flew off my head. Her mood could be nerve wracking, sure, but it wasn't terror. She gave you the anxiety a strict stepmother would give. I gave people a horror that causes them to run and not look the other way. Fear for their life sorta thing, I guess.

I looked back up, trying to hold back tears. Gosh, I always did this, especially with Lizzy around. I guess it's because behind all her sternness she was sweet. She sat down beside my head and looked over at me, noticing the salty water forming in my eyes.

She looked the other way. "Sorry."

I lifted my head, wiping my eyes. "It ain't you, I just...don't like bein' reminded I ain't exactly...well.."

"Welcomed?"

I gave a half smile. "I guess you can say that."

She flew up again, giving the same smile I gave and landed on my shoulder, looking back up. She liked to do this a lot, especially when I get upset like this. She's tiny, but she does try her best to be big and wins.

"Listen, humans are weird LT. I know it's hard, I couldn't even wrap my head around how heartbreaking it would be to be like that." She went on. "The most I get is swapped, not ran out of villages and all."

I looked to the side, ducking my ears. She flew off my shoulder to face me, looking into my eyes. She was the only one I could do that with.

"But if a little spring fairy like me isn't afraid of you," She went on, smiling. "I'm sure you're doing something right.