❝HELLFIRE❞

"Sir."

The man sat up, his fingers tapping against his cheek and his lips pursed, stern eyes looking back at the smaller figure sitting ahead of him.

He pushed himself upward with his hands, his wooden chair being pushed back so harshly by the swift movement.

"What do you mean, Acubduis," He spoke with a condescending tone, his vocal cords corse and made the smaller man's body tense with every letter that danced off his tongue.

"I mean, you wouldn't dare lie to me, correct, my most trusted, loyal head, hm?" He said as he adjusted himself, removing his hands of the table and walking over to male, his long fingers glazing his back.

"I w-woul-"

"Fix your words with me. I deserve respect, not this excuse for speech."

Acubduis drew a silent breathe and looked back up at sir Cadmus, his black pupils dilating alongside his iris' growing a deep orange glow.

"Your son-"

"Zalfire is no son of mine. Do not refer to him as such."

"But Athen-"

"Nevermind her terms! Just tell me what he told you, swine boy!"

The half-breed cringed at the slur. His body was now shaking and his chest rose and fell rapidly. He dug his meaty hand into his vest and pulled out a scroll tied with blue ribbion.

Cadmus quickly snatched the fragile paper, tearing off the ribbion as he unraveled the fraile ash-grey paper in his hands.

"Dear Acubduis,
I wanted to speak to you privately about this, but with the recent events upcoming with the birth of my future brother has had mother held in an abrupt uproar sort-of-speak.
Just please keep Sara safe and sound, please? You are the only servant I trust with her, and I cannot bare to have Father know of her existence.
She is a half-breed, just like you. I know you know how to treat your own, while the others may not.

Your kind is shunned, and I am sorry. May your sun shine and your moon fall gracefully and may Father feed you plentiful tonight.

-Zalfire."

He remained silent. His eyes glanced over and over and the paper, and every word made his eyes burn even brighter and his skin tinge with a hue that grained different shades of the orange and yellow.

"Sir?" The boy spoke softly, rubbing his hands together in circual motions, his knuckles rubbing agaisnt one another freely with sweat drenching.

"Why does he trust you."

Cadmus glared at Acubduis with a sharp look, his lips as straight as a stone and his face expressionless.

"We..." He started to speak, drawing in a deep breathe before he continued. "We speak, sir."

"You speak to that vile creature?" His voice spat, his skin now flaring up, small crackles of warmth upbringing on his pale, ginger skin.

Acubduis replied. "Yes. Yes I do sir."

Cadmus crumbled the paper with his hand, the fragile material turning to ash in mere seconds of connecting with his skin, the particles flying upwards and his wrists booming with more and more power and enegery with every movement he took.

He than turned his body around, his feet slaming against the marble floor as an aurora around his fingertips, wind hollaring as a light blue glow swirled around his palm, having a red particals being molded with golden glits, the broken pieces merging together as fast as it could.