Chapter 18 : Danger is Lurking

Start from the beginning

Think Elsa, think.

I cleared my throat and ended up saying; "Thank you."

Jack let out a chuckle. "You're welcome." He said. A few seconds later, his face started to make its way towards mine.

Oh no. Anna, where are you? Stop this. I don't think I can do this right now.

"Hey there!"

"Anna!" Jack screamed.

Woah. That was fast. Anna appearing out of nowhere, what a life saver.

"Oh, thank goodness." I said out of relief.

Jack:

"Oh, thank goodness." I hear Elsa say.

I looked at Elsa, somehow disappointed by her reaction.

"No, I didn't mean it that way. I just- uhm...wasn't ready. I'm sorry."

"Ready for what? A goodbye kiss on the cheek?" I asked.

"Oh. That was a... Oh." Elsa muttered.

I laughed a bit, seeing her blush from embarrassment. She probably thought that I was gonna kiss her on her lips.

Oh, I'm gonna do exactly that. Just not now.

"Since you don't want it, I think I'll just go now." I teased, waiting for her reaction.

"Wait!" Elsa called. "I'm really sorry. I uhm- I'm sorry." She chuckled nervously.

I could get used to this. I thought as I leaned on my staff looking at her dreamily.

"Oh, just kiss her goodbye already!" Anna squealed.

"Anna!" Elsa turned to her sister, cheeks flushed.

I followed Anna's advice and went for Elsa's cheek and kissed it gently.

"See you soon." I beamed at her blushing face.

"Yeah... see you." Elsa managed to say out loud.

"Bye, Jack!" Anna bid me farewell.

"Bye, Anna."

I took one last look at Elsa, her cheeks were still flushed, making me smile. And with that, I flew back to the Pole.

Bunny:

"North, I have to get back to my place. I still have a million eggs to paint, mate." I begged North, who was pacing back and forth in the globe room.

I only have 9 months left before Easter.

"Mate, if I did this to you while you're preparing for Christmas..."

"Please, Bunny, Easter is not Christmas." North scoffed.

Here we go again.

"I know that we are against Pitch and you want us to stay together. But, mate, I have to prepare the eggs." I explained to him. He was clearly ignoring me as he wave his hand off.

"Quiet down, Sandy's sleeping." Tooth said with a soft tone.

I sat on the ledge in the globe room, very annoyed, and waited for something to happen.

Jack:

I arrived at the Pole as soon as you could say 'Christmas' with the help of the wind.

When I entered the workshop, they were all quiet. Even the Yetis. The elves were making a few jingle noises but aside from that, it was quiet. I found myself in the globe room. Bunny was sitting on the ledge and Sandy was sleeping, Tooth was beside him and North was pacing here and there.

"Hey, I'm back." I announced.

"Finally! Someone with news! Santa here, can finally stop pacing." Bunny groaned as he pointed his paws at North.

"I can't help it. It's a belly thing." He answered, patting his belly.

"Jack, I thought you were supposed to be with Elsa?" Tooth asked.

"Pitch attacked Arendelle."

"What?!" They all shouted causing Sandy to wake up.

"Yeah. And Sandy was right, Hans is now allies with Pitch." I said to them, placing my staff on the table nearby.

"Hmm. What to do?" North mumbled.

"Did Pitch say anything that could lead us to something?" Tooth queried.

"No. Not that I know of. Elsa didn't say anything about Pitch spilling his plans. But Hans is planning to take over the kingdom."

"We need to keep our guards up. Keep a close eye on Arendelle. Protect the people, especially the children." North commanded.

"Mate, I have a question. Pitch never actually wanted anything else aside from being believed in, right? So, maybe that's what he's after. And some revenge, maybe." Bunny assumed.

Sandy showed us a question mark.

"I don't know too, Sandy. But North is right. And Bunny has a point. Right now we have to be careful. Pitch might be there without us knowing." I said to Sandy.

"We'll put that Boogeyman back where he belongs!" said Bunny.

"As for now, I will give each and everyone of you, a task." North announced.

"A task?" Tooth asked.

"Yes. Now, Sandy and Tooth, keep sure that the whole world keeps on believing, since you work every night. Bunny, go and finish those eggs. Then come back here. Jack, guard Elsa and the kingdom of Arendelle. And as always, I watch over the globe."

North assigned our tasks which made Bunny in high spirits.

"Finally, he agrees!" He said.

"Oh and Jacky, my friend." North called. "In case, Pitch comes back to strike at Arendelle, send us some frosty wind. Okay?"

"Roger that." I said in reply.

"Now go on, do whatever you have to do." North dismissed the meeting.

I rested for a while in the workshop, thinking about Elsa, Anna, well, everyone, in fact.

I won't let Pitch and Hans get to them. Especially, Elsa.

"Always be ready. Always be ready..." I mumbled, over and over again.

"Jack? What are you still doing here?" North found me sitting on one of the workshop's tables.

"Just thinking about Elsa and the kingdom and Pitch and Hans. And that I should always be ready in case something happens."

North rubbed his chin, or should I say mustache. "Well, that's all that we could do for now, 'be ready'. Just remember to stay alert, protect them, and keep your guard up. Danger is lurking, Jack. Always keep your guard up."

"Keep my guard up." I mumbled once again. "I should be going now. I'll just send you the signal when I need you."

I waved North goodbye, stuck out my staff, called upon the wind and was flying 'home' to Arendelle.

I couldn't believe that I was quite nervous for a battle against Pitch. I shrugged at the idea.

Be ready, keep your guard up, danger is lurking.

Sorry this took a while again. I've been experiencing writer's block.. D; huhu.. So it's taking me a while to think/write the next chapters. But trust me when I say, I'm working on it. I'm trying my best to come up with good ideas for the story. Any suggestions? :D i'm open for your ideas. Just comment if you want. Ü Thanks for reading! See you soon my darlings! ❄️ ~karyned23