Chapter 2

Ana POV

We arrive in New York after a long 8 hour flight because of turbulence. This is why I don't like flying I think to myself. Jack slept through the entire flight. Don't know how he managed that. I grab my carry on and gladly depart the plane. "Ana did you enjoy the flight"? Jack asked innocently. I look over at him and think SERIOUSLY....like seriously but answer "It was fine I guess". Jack chuckles at my facial expression I make I think he enjoys my discomfort. "Well you can relax when we get to the hotel". "Wonderful.....let's go". We make our way to the taxi stand and it takes another hour before we reach the hotel. By now my nerves are completely shot. A 10 min drive from the airport to the hotel turns into an HOUR? We finally get to the hotel and I make special arrangements that Jack and I are not to be on the same floor. "OK Sir you are booked for 2 rooms 314 and 316". Ana looks confused because I know I specifically made sure we were on different floors. "I was sure that the rooms were to be in different locations of the hotel because the reservations were made at different times"  "Ma'am according to the computer the rooms were requested to be next to each other". I give up, just because he is right next door doesn't mean he's getting any. I grab an envelope of keys and start for the elevators before Jack can move. The doors close as he gets there and I give him a look Sorry not my fault. Jack looks at me in disbelief. I think he might be getting the hint.

The room is nice with a mini bar and a soaker tub. A double bed that is somewhat comfortable but the fact its all for me that's my peace. Suddenly Jack appears in my room from out of no where. I look over shocked "How did you get in here? I locked the door". I point at the very locked door...."It appears the rooms are a joining rooms I can come from my room to yours". "That may be but common courtesy dictates knocking and waiting to let into a room not just barging in". "Sorry Ana, just wanted to see how you were settling in and go over the symposium for tomorrow".  Grrrrr that may well be but he doesn't get the point. He continues "The symposium starts at 9am tomorrow with a break at 1:30pm for lunch which is provided as a buffet, the resumes at 2:30pm but with a more relaxed atmosphere. Happy hour starts at 5pm when the symposium officially ends but happy hour is where it's most important to mingle and network put your name out there and don't make SIP look bad" he says with a chuckle.  Wow a busy day tomorrow and additional with the happy hour.....why did I think this was a good idea to come? "Sounds perfect Jack, so if you don't mind I'm going to relax and prepare for tomorrow and I will see you in the lobby about 8:50am tomorrow"? "Well, I thought we could get breakfast and discuss what we'd like to accomplish for the day". He looks completely innocent except I see a small glimmer of lust in his eye before it disappears. Hmmm discuss what we want to accomplish? I may be new but I'm not dumb. "Actually I'm not a morning person so for me it would be best to meet in the lobby". "Whatever makes you comfortable Ana dear". He leaves the way he came with a chuckle. After he shuts the door, I place the latch over the door so I wont get any unexpected visits tonight. 

Christian POV

As I look over the proposal for the acquisition of SIP to GEH I finally get an email from Welch. Took his damn time looking into a simple acquisition. He drags the mouse to the letter and reads the report. 

June 15, 2011 16:53

To Christian Grey

Subject: Investigate CEO and Management of Seattle Independent Publishing Report

From Eric Welch

Mr Grey

Attached you will find several detailed backgrounds regarding management and so on as per request but I felt it necessary to address an issue that raised questions to me. There is an editor employed at SIP by the name of Jack Hyde. For the most part no disciplinary issue per se but as I looked further into his employment and hiring methods for PA's there is some suspicious goings on. In the last 24 months he has been through roughly a dozen PA's never lasting more than 3 months and NEVER retained within the company. No complaints but the alarming rate of turnover for assistants has not gone unnoticed from the higher ups.  He was warned if the rate of turn over continues action may be taken.