Sunny Days

°6 years earlie

'Don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep cause I'd miss you babe and I don't want to miss a thing...'

The music stopped and I looked down at my phone to see a text from my best friend Aimee,

'Hey, I've got us a table in Starbucks, see you soon :) xxx'

I quickly replied and carried on walking down the road, the sun burning my pale shoulders. Aimee and I had been best friends since primary school and we used to do everything together. Unfortunately, last summer she moved to a boarding school due to her parents work and consequently we hardly ever saw each other.

I walked through the familiar doors and noticed Aimee sitting on the comfy sofa with her back to me. The bell chimed and I watched her glance behind her. Her crystal blue eyes widened as she recognised me. She jumped out of her seat quickly to greet me, her long beach blonde her with apparently new pink streaks following behind her.

As we sat down, I noticed she had already got my drink, my favourite, a strawberries and cream frappacino. We talked for hours about school, boybands and how hot Zac Efron looked in his latest film.

Aimee started to talk about her friends at her new school who she seemed really close to. My face must've dropped as I thought about all the holidays and sleepovers we had together because she told me that she missed the 'good old days'.

"Oh I forgot to tell you about Connor, a guy in some of my classes at school, his family are having a barbeque next Saturday, and he's invited me..."

"That sounds great, are you going to go?" I replied playing with my straw.

"I'm not sure, I don't think I'll know many people there... do you want to come with me?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes, of course I will! I was wondering when you were going to ask, I'll never turn down free food!"

We both fell back into our seats laughing and ordered another drink.