Uther's return part.1

Olivias pov

As I ran around in the garden with Peter I felt the wind blow in my face. We had gotten really close over the last week. I laughed as I looked back at him. "Try to catch me if you can!", he kept running after me and before we both knew it I stumbled and took Peter down with me. We laid in the grass, laughing like maniacs.

As we started to calm down our eyes met, Peters deep blue eyes stared into mine as he stroked a piece of my hair and placed it behind my ear. We were lying with our faces so close - our noses were almost touching. I almost got lost in his eyes, then I heard a cough coming from behind us. I quickly sat up and saw Gwein standing there awkwardly.

"It is time for you to get ready for the feast ,my lady Oliva. I was just passing by and thought that I should remind you since it is your parents wedding-aniversary.", he looked at me knowingly. I looked back at him awkwardly. "Ehm, yeah - I should probably go", I stood up and Peter did the same. I gave Peter a smile. "See you tomorrow?", he smiled at me and nodded.

I smiled as I walked up to Gwein. We walked back to the castle in silence - until Gwein broke it. "Sooo, the stable boy!", I punched him playfully in the arm as he laughed. "Is the little princess in love?", I stuck my toung out at him as we kept walking. That's when I took the chance to change subject. "I'll race you!", "HEY! Not fair!". I had already started running as I heard him run behind me. I smiled as the wind pulled at my golden hair. I looked behind me to see that Gwein was quite far behind - but he was getting closer!

Before I knew it I was scooped up in his arms as he carried me over his shoulder. "Hey! That is not fair! Let me down!", he just kept walking. "I will get you back someday!", he chuckled. "Yeah, right!", I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest as he kept walking.

Once we reached the castle we met Leon, he just laughed. "Was she bothering you Gwein?", he chuckled. "Always does!", "Hey! I have ears! Now let me down, I need to get ready for the feast!". This time he actually listened to me and placed me on to the ground. I looked at both of them as I shot them glares. They where both laughing as Gwein ruffled my hair. I just shot him another glare. Though I did feel intimidated by how tall they where.

"You two need to shrink like ,three feet!", they just laughed - then Leon pulled me in for a hug. "Awe, but it's nice to have a shortie in the gang", I chuckled as I let go of him and ran up the stairs, my dress flowing after me.

On my way up I came face to face with my mother, she just looked at my hair and laughed. She was wearing a beautiful purple dress, her dark hair was hanging down her back and her crown was placed on top of her head.

"What happened to you?", I answered her with a mocking anger in my voice. "Gwein happened", I let my hand fall to my sides as I sighed. "I don't know what to wear", she took my hand and walked to my chambers with me. "I will help you with that", I smiled thankfully at her as we entered my chambers.

----

Mother sat and combed my hair as I sat on my bed with her behind me. She was braiding my long, golden hair. She made a two small braids that whent together in the back. It felt so odd yet so familiar to have a mother-figure braiding my hair. It took me back to Ealdor, to the woods where I truly belonged. I let my eyes close for a moment. Once she was done she placed the thin ,yet elegant crown on the top of my head.