Chapter 17: The Morning After

I moaned as I felt the sun light hit my face.

Stretching slightly with my eyes still closed, I took a moment to appreciate the warmth the sheets gave my naked body.

I was very comfortable.

"Are you up love?" A voice asked making my previously closed eyes widen in surprise.

I had momentarily forgotten about Brown Eyes and the night we shared.

Simply put, it was magical.

"Yeah, I am." I called out. Keeping myself wrapped in the sheets, I sat up with my back against the headboard.

Taking note of my surroundings, I realized Brown Eyes was not lying about the penthouse thing.

The bedroom has floor to ceiling windows that provided an excellent view of the city and a whole lot of sunlight.

From where I was sitting, I could see what looked like a wine coloured lipstick stain.

The sight of it made me blush internally and bite my lip to keep from smiling as the memory of how it got there rushed into my mind.

"I enjoyed watching the city lights with you darling." Brown Eyes said referring to the same memory.

"I didn't know what you liked so I got a bit of a variety." Brown Eyes said referring to the trolley of food he was bringing towards me.

"I can't eat all of that by myself." I said, my eyes widening at the amount of food.

"Don't fret darling, we'll eat together." I don't know if I was still sleep dazed or what but I think Brown Eyes' statement meant a lot more than what he was saying.

Parking the trolley next to the bed, he sat down next to me and began putting the food on a platter.

"Poison of choice love? Orange or apple juice?" he joked.

"Do you have tea?" I asked as I took a croissant off the platter and bit into it.

"I actually do. Mint or lavender?" He asked.

"Mint sounds good right about now." I smiled.

"Your wish is my command." He smiled back as he poured some hot water into a cup that was on the trolley.

"Are all Brits as nice as you?" I teased.

"I'm had hoped I was enough so you wouldn't want to find out."

"Is it a crime to wonder Brown-Eyes?"

"Darling, I have a name. It does warm my heart you thought me special enough to deserve a nickname. How about this, you tell me yours and I'll tell mine?" Brown-Eyes asked handing me the cup of tea.

"And ruin the mystic? What's life without a little mystery?" I teased sipping on the mint tea.

"How about your number, can I at least get that?"

Instead of answering, I sat my teacup on the nightstand and put the platter on the floor.

"What are you doing love?" Brown-Eyes asked clearly confused.

Letting the sheets fall from my naked body, I crawled over to Brown-Eyes and straddled me.

Immediately I noticed the change in Brown-Eyes breathing and his eyes cloud with lust.

"Do you believe in God?" I whispered against his ear before trailing kisses down his neck.

"Yes." He answered, his voice strained.

"Do you believe in fate?" I said gently grinding against him.

I moaned softly as his hands ran down my naked back and caressed my hips.

"Slightly."

"How about we enjoy one last rendezvous and if we meet again after this it's fate, God's will."

Before he could have a chance to respond, I crashed my lips against his and pulled his dress shirt sleeves down his arms.

I moaned in pleasure as he gripped my butt cheek with one hand and slightly chocked the back of my neck.

I liked that a lot.

As if my moan triggered something in him, Brown-Eyes picked me up and threw me down on the bed.

And he proceeded to give 11 reasons why I should have him my name, my number and my damn social security number.

________________________________________________________________________________

I exhaled with my eyes closed as I felt Garret stare at me in the rear-view mirror.

Turns out he never really left La Senza. He waited outside for me all night.

To say I was embarrassed was an understatement.

It wasn't that I regretted spending a night and half a day with Brown-Eyes. In fact, it was one of the most orgasmic experience of my life.

I am not usually that kind of girl to have one night stands. I'd only ever been with two men in my life before last night.

But there's something about having sex with the same man for eight years who turns to be a cheating skank and a drug addict who's dealer killed your baby and almost end yours that does something to you.

It makes you realize, LIFE IS TOO FUCKING SHORT and unfair!

For my whole life, I've always followed a rigid plan and done what was right and now...now I'm sick of it.

It felt exhilarating to do something out of character for once.

It felt good to be someone else for a change.

I'm not ashamed that I had sex with an absolute stranger.

I am however embarrassed that Garett knows I was having sex.

It's like if your big brother or your dad finds your stash of condoms.

Oh my gosh?

What did Garett tell August?

Immediately I groan at the thought.

"Are you okay back there Gabriella?"

"Yeah, just fine. Still a little hungover." I sigh.

Looking at me in the rear-view mirror, Garett cracks a little smile.

"Don't worry Gabriella. I told August your meeting ran a little long and you decided to stay for the night."

"Oh, thank God." I sighed lying down on the car seat.

I really did not want to get grilled by August.

Living together and burying my son really reestablished and made our bond stronger.

It also made Aug really protective and paternal towards me.

It was weird but endearing.

Weird because we use to be engaged and in love at one point in time.

It's so strange to see how much our dynamic has changed.

Best friends to lovers to colleagues to best friends again.