Chapter: 15-

{{Asa’s amazing POV}}

            I sat on the dark wooden floor entranced with an awkward feeling settling in my stomach. Today was Christmas Eve and all of James’s family is starting to pour into the house. The snow outside is covering some trees and bushes, but other than that no snow is seen on the ground. You see it in the sky, but it melt before hitting the ground. That’s odd since its only mid December, but stranger things have happened lately.

            It’s been a few days since I’ve been released from the hospital, and the pain has passed. But sadly, a new type of pain has flooded my body, making my body cold and stiff. That pain is what I’d like to call, depression. I wasn’t anywhere near depressed, but I did feel alone, and for being in a house with no less than twelve people, that’s saying a lot.

            It’s not like I want a lot of attention – because I hate it – but James and Nathan seem to have totally forgotten all about me and my loneliness. I don’t want to make a scene though, not with all these people here. I just want to get my life over and done with. I’m tired of being afraid, lonely, depressed, and any other type of negative emotion you can possibly think of.

            I faintly heard the jingle of the famous, ‘Rudolf the red nosed reindeer’ (dunno how to spell Rudolf or whatever the animals name is xD) and I gave off a small chuckle before getting up from the ground and passing everyone that all seemed to be in a happy mood except me. But I’m used to that. I passed by everyone in the kitchen and headed into the formal living room, where I opened the sliding glass door and went outside, to just catch my breath. In there it was as hot as Hell and the house just made me feel so claustrophobic, being surrounded by all those people and all.

            “Hey, what are you doing out here? Don’t wanna catch a cold, now do we?” I heard a sweet, friendly voice say and when I looked to my right I saw Nathans mother staring at me, her eyes full with joy. I would tell her to leave me alone, but then I’d get my ass chewed off later, so I just nodded politely and followed her back inside where I was immediately met with loud Christmas music playing. 

            Everyone and I mean everyone was wearing a red or green turtleneck -including the babies- but me. I wore a black shirt that says “Born This Way” with a picture of Lady Gaga smoking with her alter ego, Jack. They also wore blue baggy jeans, while the girls wore modest skirts or leggings. But me, I wore white skinny jeans. I didn’t belong here, and everyone knew it.

            I looked frantically in the large crowd of relatives looking for Nathans mom, and once I found her, I told her I was going to take a walk. She offered to go with, but I immediately declined. Its not that I didn’t want her to come with me or anything, but she only apparently only comes out her once a year for a few days, and I want those days to be spent with family, not with boring old me.

            I took my black leather jacket off from the coat rack and put it on before walking out of the obnoxiously loud –and warm- house to be met with a chilling breeze. I cursed under my breath when I realized I forgot to also grab my hood. I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and just started on my journey.

            After a good half an hour, I was in the familiar neighborhood. I remember walking on this very sidewalk not even a year ago laughing and messing around, but now I’m walking solo. I kept my head down, as if I was afraid to show my face here. I heard some holiday music being played throughout the street, but it was very quiet. My eyes started watering when I came into view of my old home, and I bit my lip as I took a step closer to where it all began. Mom was back from the hospital, and Daniel was also home, but my father was gone. He was somewhere in Arizona, walking around the prison, wearing an all pink jumpsuit. They do it for humiliation.