8.

It's busy then. The pack takes turns patrolling the town to make sure there are no threats. Stiles helps them study for upcoming exams, silently wishing he was in school because he has missed so much, yet terrified to go back.

Derek is quite busy so Stiles spends a lot of time with Scott and Isaac, but can't figure out what Derek is busy with. He tells him it's a surprise.

Stiles keeps himself busy with the pack and organising their next get to together and learning to cook new meals. He doesn't spend every night with Derek but he sees him everyday for a good few hours at least.

It works; Derek is there whenever he needs him and still does his own thing. A lot of the time he is training with some of the pack or dealing with something at the station that John thinks could be more the packs kind of thing.

Stiles feels like he hasn't stopped until he sighs and flops down on his dad's couch a week and a half later.

Derek smiles down at him, kissing his head.
"We can relax now. You have my undivided attention," Derek tells him, stroking his hair. Stiles beams up at him, puckering his lips obnoxiously. Derek chuckles, but obliges him, pressing their lips together.

John swears when he walks in, grumbling his complaints as he walks straight back out. Derek smirks into the kiss, slowly swiping his tongue along Stiles' bottom lip before nipping at it.

Derek pulls away, stroking Stiles' hair.
" I really love your mouth, it's so pretty and- fuck I can't wait to have your mouth on me," Derek groans.

"How do you feel about rimming?" Stiles asks after pulling Derek in for a heated kiss.
"Id love to rim you," Derek says easily and presses their lips together again. "My wolf and I love the idea of just burying my face there, smelling and tasting and making you mine."

Stiles moans brokenly.
"Der you can't say stuff like that when we still have to wait for it to happen," Stiles complains and closes his eyes as he tries to imagine grandmas and dead puppies. "What about the other way around?" Stiles says nervously once he isn't afraid that he'll show up to dinner with a boner.

Derek raises an eyebrow.
"I'm open to try. I've never really explored anything there, but I'd be happy to try. How would you feel about me riding you?"

Stiles splutters as he tries to form a sentence, eventually closing his mouth so quickly that his teeth loudly bang together as he clumsily nods his head. Derek chuckles, nuzzling his cheek gently before kissing him.

"Boys, dinners nearly ready."

Melissa, Scott and Isaac come in a few minutes after Derek and Stiles have sat down at the table with John. Everyone exchanges their own 'hello's and 'how are you's before John starts dishing out the food.

"Uhm- is that everyone?" Stiles asks.
"Yup," John nods, trying to hide his smile as he puts more food on Melissa's plate. He sits down at his own place and smiles at everyone. "I thought your girlfriend was supposed to be here?" Scott asks. 
"She is here," John nods, waiting for them to cotton on.

Stiles' mouth is agape, the same way Scott and Isaac's are.

"You two?" Stiles splutters. "Wha- why wouldn't you- oh my god!" Derek laughs fondly.
"You are- mom! Why didn't you tell me?" Scott asks. Melissa laughs, smiling over at John.