5.

Stiles hugs his dad tightly when they get to his house.
"You alright, kiddo?" John asks, resting his cheek on Stiles' hair.
"Yeah. Yeah, I'm great, dad," Stiles grins. John ruffles his hair and kisses his temple.
"He allowed coffee, Derek?"

Derek perks up from where he is beside Stiles. His hand rests on Stiles' hip and Stiles melts into his side, looking up as he waits for his answer.

"I think you're excited enough as it is, love," Derek chuckles. Stiles nods easily. "Anything without caffeine would be great," Derek directs towards John. The sheriff smiles at the pair and goes into the kitchen.

"And you?"
"Just water, please."
"Scott and Mellisa should be here soon," John says as he brings the drinks into the living room.
"Still okay for us to stay here?" Stiles asks.

"As long as there's no sex with me in the other room," John grumbles and settles in his armchair. Stiles is sat so close to Derek that if he were any closer he'd be in his lap. Derek's hand has rucked up his shirt, thumb running back and forth over Stiles' hip. Stiles sighs and rests his head on Derek's shoulder.

"I can assure you that won't happen. Right, Stiles?"
"Well since I'm not allowed sex till I'm eighteen, it seems pretty unlikely," Stiles grumbles. John tries to hide a smirk as Derek pinches his hip. "What? It's true!"

Derek raises an eyebrow. Stiles raises one in reply.

John watches with curiosity.

"Do I need to punish you, Stiles?" Derek asks calmly. Stiles sags.
"I haven't even got rules yet. I don't know what's allowed and what's not. I-"

He cuts himself off with a sigh and stares at the ground as he tries to remove himself from Derek's side.

"Hey, as soon as we can, as long as you're in the right frame of mind, we'll get you some rules sorted out. Okay?" Derek soothes. "I didn't know you were this bothered. You could've told me."
"I didn't want to seem needy," Stiles whispers. Just as John notices the tears ready to fall the doorbell rings.

"If you want to go upstairs for a moment I'd recommend doing it now before these two are in here," John murmurs.

"C'mon, babe," Derek says gently.
"No! No I'm okay," Stiles insists. Derek ignores his protests and helps him upstairs before John opens the door to his other guests.

Stiles crumbles when Derek helps him kneel over his lap so he doesn't hurt his ankle.
"I'm sorry," Stiles sobs. "Are you angry?"
"No, love, not angry. Sad that you didn't tell me and worried that you aren't feeling too good. It's okay, it's alright."

"But you said you were going to punish me?" Stiles sniffles. He pulls away and wipes his eyes on Derek's shirt.
"Charming," Derek grins, kissing his cheek. "I said I'd punish you because you back talked. And then didn't respond to my obvious physical reprimands. I understand that you don't have rules right now, but you know that is naughty."
"I just- I've felt so high strung not knowing what I can and can't do," Stiles whispers against Derek's shoulder.

"I think," Derek begins, pausing to nose along Stiles' hairline. "That you did this to find where the line is. It might have been unconsciously but you wanted to find out what was too far. Do you want a punishment?"
"Yes, please," Stiles mewls.
"Okay, baby. Now or after dinner? I'm sure sitting through dinner on a sore bum would really reinforce the lesson, huh?" Derek says softly.

Stiles lifts his head to smile at Derek, kissing him gently on the lips.
"You're amazing," he sighs happily.
"So that's a yes to before dinner?" Derek teases, already knowing the answer.