Chapter 2 - After Effect

The plane was apparently moving to face its opponent by showing its belly, because that's what it did.  The ocean smacked against the bottom of the plane as it began to sink, the pillows protected me and my friends' heads. I grabbed my equipment and opened the back door, grabbing whatever I thought necessary from the other passenger's luggage. The plane's nose was about a foot under the water now so I made a mad dash for the exit my friends had just departed from.  I jumped out of the doorway and remarkably landed on the Life Raft waiting for me.

We all just sat there for awhile, letting current after current sweep us across the endless blue liquid.  I finally sat up and started pushing through the contents of some of the luggage i was lucky enough to  grab.  I counted the items, in all i happened to grab four large carry-ons and two small backpacks that looked like they belonged to children.  I sighed, this wasn't supposed to happen, we were supposed to be on our way to  the Bahamas.

"Sky?" i heard Sarah speak my name quietly. "Are you okay?"  what? oh... i hadn't even realized that my body was in the fetal position. 

"Um, yeah i think so..." I responded, trying to move my body out of the automatic position. I ended up sitting down in the middle of the Life Raft trying to unscramble my thoughts.

Before i know, my friends and i have drifted off into sleep, soothed by the constant sway of the waves. I just hope that we won't stay aboard this floating hammock for too long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the short chapter. i just felt like it should be ended here.  :)