Danger Is Always Lurking

I paced around the small building Rick stayed in after his fight with Pete. The only change to it is Morgan was in here. I hadn't seen Morgan since he tried to kill us after we found his hiding spot. If I hadn't convinced him we were good we'd both be dead. Morgan tried to kill me when we met. He held a knife to my throat. If it weren't for the fact that I had gained a lot of muscles and street smarts during my time out in the wilderness I would've died.

"Ariel, you can calm down I'm not going to hurt you or your friends." Morgan tried to calm me, it wasn't working. Everyone kept asking me how I knew him, but I didn't know how to tell them he tried to kill me! Carl was extremely worried because I was in a vulnerable state. I stopped pacing and stood in front of Morgan.

"Why- why are you here?" I asked as I continued to worry about my family's safety.

"I found a map, I saw Rick's name on it. I followed it. I found Daryl and Aaron on the road, they were surrounded by walkers. I saved them, and in return they brought me to the man I'm looking for. Rick." Morgan finished.

"Funny, so you try to kill me but save my father." I let out a stern chuckle. "At least it's not a family thing." I sighed and turned to Morgan.

"Hey, I saved you too, after I tried to kill you." He muttered the last part.

"Listen closely, because I will not repeat myself. I'm gonna be watching you. If there is even a single sliver of your faith turning on anyone in this community, I will personally shove your little stick so far up your ass you will choke on it. Got me?" I stepped forward. Intimidating the short man.

"I don't plan on hurting anyone here, Ariel. I'm not asking you to trust me. Just give me a chance."

"You're getting one. Just don't ruin it." I growled. I went to storm out of the room but Morgan stopped me.

"Ariel, wait." He called after me.

I turned around and looked at him. "What?"

"There's something you need to know." Morgan looked me in the eyes. "Stacey came back to me after you two were separated. It wasn't a good visit."

I squinted my eyes at him for a moment. "How can I know you're being honest?"

"You can't. But I don't have a reason to lie to you when I can already tell there is tension between you guys. You don't trust her."

I sized him up for a moment before grabbing one of the fold-up chairs against the wall. I pulled it in front of where Morgan stood. "Color me intrigued. Talk." I told him.

"Well.."

>>Carl's POV <<

I paced back and forth in my bedroom, waiting for Ariel. I was worried, the last time I had met Morgan he was a little crazy. He tried to kill everyone that crossed his path. Now if she met him in that point in time he may have hurt her. I plopped down on my bed.

At that moment I heard the door open and close. I listened for who it might have been.

"Yeah, you know I would help. Why do you have to ask?" I heard Ariel's voice. She must've been back from talking to Morgan.

"I just don't want you to think we are forcing you to do anything." That was Dad's voice. What are they talking about?

"When is the run?" Ri asked. I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs followed by my dad's.

"It'll be a few weeks. this is a big run. It's pretty far out. We need some time to get more supplies for it. Your dad, Carl, Morgan, and I are gonna go on a shorter run. Might be gone for three days at most." Their footsteps stopped a few paces from the door. I sat down on my bed and pretended to be immersed in one of my comic books. "We got to go farther out. Everywhere near by has been swiped."

"You can take me, too. I need to get out of this place. I hate being treated like a cripple when I can still handle myself out there perfectly fine." Ariel ranted.

"No, I need you here with Glenn, Michonne, and Maggie. After what happened with Pete they've grown to trust and respect you. Deanna will need you. But don't tell Carl yet. He'll argue about going but I need him here with Judith."

I heard Ariel sigh. Then the door opened and they both walked in. "Hey." I received a smile from Ariel as she walked over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"Hey." I whispered as a smile spread across my face automatically. I kissed her forehead then looked at my dad. "So what's going on?"

"We are going on a run. Gotta go get some new supplies. Stock up. Something about these Wolves just doesn't sit right with me." Dad told me. I guess they don't realize I already heard everything. Now if I only knew what he asked Ariel before they came inside. I nodded my head at what my dad said and stood up.

"When do we leave?" I asked. I knew Ariel wouldn't be against me going. She's not like that. I just want her to be safe while we are gone.

"Right now." Dad said. "I'll meet you out at the van." With that my dad left the room.

"So, what am I going to do while you're away?" Ariel asked a small smile playing on her lips.

"Stay out of trouble." I laughed. "And stay safe." I was more serious that time.

Ariel snorted. "Safe is my middle name." She replied sarcastically, looking at her prosthetic hand.

I walked over to where she sat, at the foot of my bed. I grabbed both of her hands. "Hey, first of all, have I mentioned how beautiful look today? Second, I just don't want you to get hurt again. You know how I am Ri? I've been like this with you since the prison." I cupped her cheek. She leaned her head into the palm of my hand.

"Be safe out there. Okay?" She whispered. "I can't lose you."

"You aren't going to lose me. I promise." I responded.

She kissed my lips. "I love you." She stated. She was now caressing my cheek. "Come back to me."

"I love you too." I smiled at her. "And always." I promised.

She makes me so happy. For the first time in a long time, something has gone my way. I thought as I went to meet My dad and the other's at the van.

>>Ariel's POV<<

I was walking through the woods. It's been about two hours since Carl and the others left. It was completely silent as I held my weapon in my hand. My knife in it's holster on my thigh. I couldn't stop thinking about what Morgan told me about Stacey.

He said she had plans. Plans to find me and kill me. Because I 'left' her. The more I found out about the stuff she's done the less I trust her. I'm not sure of what I should do. Right now my main focus is the snares. I need to check them and get home before Maggie has Glenn come looking for me.

The group didn't like me coming out alone, because of my wrist. Especially Carl and my dad. We argued about it for the longest time. When I finally convinced him I could handle myself out there, he agreed. He was not happy about it though.

All of a sudden I heard a loud snap from behind me. Like right behind me. I whipped around and pushed a body against the tree behind me and held my knife to it's throat. Not paying attention to whether it was dead or alive.

"Woah, there Ri. Calm down, it's just me." A very familiar British accent came from the body. I looked up to see Connor smiling mischievously. I pulled away cautiously. "Bloody hell, mate. I see you've gotten stronger."

__________________________________

So if you haven't noticed I have moved the 7 chapters I have from Corrupted to this story, As I have changed my plans for both stories and I will explain in the epilogue of this one. Enjoy(: