That was one of the things I loved about Leah, she was very upfront and very truthful.

I was in the middle of eating my ice cream when someone knocked on the door loudly. I shook my head thinking it was Leah, she forgets her keys a lot.

I put my bowl of ice cream down on the sofa and went to open the door. I froze when I saw who it was.

"Nina."

"Urgh." I groaned when I saw Gabriel. I tried to slam the door shut but he stuck his foot in the way.

"Why have you not been answering your phone?" Gabriel demanded as he barged past me.

"Oh yay, come in why don't you?" I muttered sarcastically.

"Well?" He asked looking at me expectantly.

I shut the door and looked back at him. "My phone is on charge."

Gabriel didn't say anything, he just continued to stare at me.

"Is that all?" I asked him after a minute of silence, not wanting to talk. All I wanted was to eat my ice cream in peace.

"No." He told me before walking into the living room.

I groaned and followed him knowing I couldn't do anything else. I sat down and began eating while ice cream while Gabriel remained standing up.

"Do you want some?" I asked Gabriel politely but wishing he would say no. I didn't like sharing ice cream, chocolate, coffee and any other drinks.

Gabriel shook his head and I shrugged, digging into my ice cream. "So what do you want?"

"I gave you space."

"Erm it's been two days." I reminded him as I shoved a spoonful of chocolate brownie fudge ice cream in my mouth.

"We need to talk about what we're going to do now." He told me seriously as his eyes pierced into mine. "I've bought a house."

"Wait so when you kidnapped me you took me to a random house?" I gaped at him.

"I didn't kidnap you and even if I did it was only for an hour or so. The house isn't mine fully, it belongs to a few of us." He explained to me. I guess that explains why there was no personal objects there.

I rolled my eyes at the first bit. That was kidnap. "So you don't live here?"

"No. I came to here a couple of months ago to sort something out. And I came back to make sure everything's running smoothly when you called me."

He didn't live in this town? "What exactly do you do?"

"I get rid of problems and train people." He told me after a few seconds.

"What kind of problems?"

"That doesn't matter right now. I wasn't planning on staying here for more than a week, but things changed." He told me, nodding his head towards my stomach. "I'm staying here indefinitely."

"Okay?" I drawled out, not really sure where he was going with this.

He came closer and sat down next to me. He took the bowl of melted ice cream from my hands before rooting for something in his jacket pocket. "Here." He pressed something slightly cold and small into my palm.

I stared at the small key on my palm, not sure what to say. "Erm, thanks?"

"It's the key to my house." He stated even though I had already guessed it was. "It's yours."

"Oh okay." I muttered, feeling slightly awkward and confused. "Why are you giving me the key to your house?"

"I think you misunderstood. It's yours, as in the house belongs to you too." Gabriel explained casually.

"What?" I exclaimed standing up. "You bought me a house?"

"I bought us a house." He said as he stood up too.

"There is no us!"

"I beg to differ." He told me smugly pointing at my stomach.

"Urgh, you are so annoying." I groaned, why does he assume that just because we're having a baby together it means we're together?

"You need to accept the fact that I'm going to be here. I'm not going anywhere, the sooner you accept that the better."

I sighed. "Fine. But don't think this means I'm moving in with you or anything." In a way I was quite glad that he actually seemed to care and want to be involved in this. I thought he would have left, he could have. Maybe I should give him a chance, instead being completely stubborn.

"Okay."

"Okay." I repeated him. "What now?"

"Go on a date with me." He said giving me a small smirk.

"That's funny, it didn't sound like a question."

"It wasn't." He told me, his smirk getting bigger.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to get to know him better, after all he is the father of my unborn baby. He's always going to be in my life.

"Okay. One chance."

@=#~=~#=@

I put on my headphones as I played some music on my phone. Leah was out on a date with a guy from her class and since I didn't have much else to do, I thought I'd go visit some class mates. I had gotten a lift with one of the girls to the house, so I didn't take my car and had to walk back home. It was only a ten minute walk so I didn't mind. It wasn't too late, just a little over 10:00pm which meant the streets weren't completely deserted.

It has been a several days since I agreed to go on a date with Gabriel. He didn't come visit me after that day and I couldn't help but miss him a little bit. He still called every day to make sure everything is okay but he kept it extremely short and called once a day instead of two. I had thought if he backed off a little I would be happy but instead I felt myself longing for him, but not in the way most people would think. Even though Gabriel was extremely hot, I wasn't attracted to him in that way at the moment. It's hard to explain but when he's around I feel safe which doesn't make any sense, at least not to me.

I looked down at my phone slowing down slightly as I flicked through the song list to find the song I wanted. As I was searching through my playlist I couldn't shake the feeling someone was watching me. I decided to turn the music off completely and keep the phone in my hand just in case I needed it. I probably wouldn't need it, I was most likely just feeling paranoid.

Without slowing down I looked behind me, there was nothing there. I guess I am just being paranoid, I shook my head and sped up. The feeling that someone was watching me didn't disappear though. As I turned the corner something caught my eyes.

I threw a sideways glance and what I saw made my eyes widen in fear. I stumbled to a stop as I looked at the dog that was across the road on my right, slightly hidden in the trees. I had always hated animals especially dogs, they freak me out.

I blinked rapidly as I realised it was huge, too big to be a dog.

It looked like a wolf. A wolf with pitch black eyes.

Pitch black eyes that were staring into mine.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: This is the end of the free chapters to read the complete story please go to www.patreon.com/kayy_b  and select The Wolf Baby. 

If you have any questions, please leave a message here, on my page or send me a private message and I will do my best to answer all your questions.

If you don't or can't use Patreon you can read my other stories here for free. Book two in this series is called The Lycan's Mark (Leah's story) and I have two others that are separate from TWB, they are called Fated Hearts and Captured. 

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I really appreciate your support!

-Kayy xx