"We never did find it did we?"

"No. But I still have my shirt." Aaron had to buy me a t-shirt so I'd have something to wear. I waited in the tepid water for almost half an hour, watching slide riders readjust their bathing suits before climbing out of the pool, before Aaron came back with a larger men's t-shirt, one that went down to my knees.

"The one I got from the gift shop?"

"Yeah."

Aaron and I sat for the next twenty minutes reminiscing on our past, the good times anyway, while Prince shuffled through the Cosmo magazine that had been sitting on Karen's bedside table. Jake and Rhonda's eyes were glued to the TV where an old rerun of Love Connection was playing, so they didn't bother joining the conversation.

Before I knew it, the trio decided it was time for them to leave. It was nice seeing Aaron in such good health. I didn't know how or why but he was like the old Aaron, the one I used to pray that I'd get to see one day.

And I was so grateful to see those old prayers being answered. But it wasn't what I expected. Maybe it was because I had completely closed that chapter of my life or maybe it was because I had moved on to Prince but the love I always expected to feel just wasn't there.

I felt as if I were reuniting with an old friend rather than the man I used to refer to as my soul mate. In a way, it was sort of healing to me because I often looked back on that time and wondered if I should've stayed or if there was anything I could've done differently. But watching the door close behind him on the way out of the hospital room made me feel at peace. That part of my life was definitely over and as much fun as it was talking about the good times, I was ready to start building new memories with Prince.

"Well, that was a surprise!" I said, right after the click of the door latch sealed off my past.

"Mhmm." Prince hummed, his eyes never wavering from the publication in his hands.

Leaning my head on his shoulder, my eyes scanned the Who Wore it Best? segment Prince had been looking at. "I hope it wasn't too awkward for you."

"No... not awkward." His cold, monotonous voice made me lift my head from his shoulder and shrivel in my seat.

I could tell he was mad or maybe jealous, something was bothering him, but I didn't know what, "So what was it then?"

Prince lowered the magazine between his knees and looked at me with his head cocked to the side. His mouth was barely open and his nose slightly scrunched, like I'd just asked him the most offensive question he'd ever heard. "Are you ser-"

"Viv?" Karen's eyes flashed open and closed, by the look of her, she was still in a daze.

"Karen!" I rushed to her bedside, my left hand sweeping the loose hair from her face while I planted a kiss on her forehead, "Are you ok?"

"Where's Jake?"

"They just left. I'm so sorry Kar, I shouldn't have-"

"It's fine Viv..." She paused, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and sat up slightly before continuing, "The date was a fucking nightmare! He took me to Burger King and then expected me to suck his tiny dick." Her loud voice penetrated the walls before she looked at Prince bashfully, obviously unaware of his presence until then. "Hey Prince." Stumbling though her words, "Sorry, I- I didn't know you were here."