05. Personal guide

Start from the beginning

Her famous grin spreads over her lips and she curtsies hastily. "Wonderful! You probably won't regret this."

"Probably?" I raise my eyebrow, fighting off a smile.

"No promises." She shrugs nonchalantly, still grinning.

"And what about your family? This journey will take days," I point out, throwing a glance at the small group.

She looks at them, Silas sending her a small wave as he throws his arms over Zayn's and Lillian's shoulders, hauling them to his sides. "Oh, they can handle themselves, trust me." Her eyes once again focus on me. "I was so bold to pack up a few things before you said yes, I hope you don't mind."

She snaps her fingers and I notice how one of her men brings a chest, placing it on the back of the carriage on top of mine, Niall's confused eyes glancing between me, Miss Evans and the chest a few times.  Suddenly, a look of alarm crosses over his features before he tips his chin towards the sky and closes his eyes as if he's asking God to give him strength. Well, I guess he has figured out what have we talked about.

"Yes, it was quite bold to think I would say yes," I note with an amused smile.

"I can be very persuasive when I want to, pardon me for expecting this outcome."

My eyes narrow as I tilt my head aside. "Hm, I shall test that theory once."

"I am looking forward to it." Her grin turns into a devilish smile. "I can go!" She excitedly announces as she quickly saunters back towards her family, making Silas release an excited "woo", Lillian smile widely, and Zayn nod curtly.

My feet slowly carry me back towards Niall, his blue eyes meeting mine as he releases a sigh. "Miss Evans is going to accompany us, I assume." I nod. "And I suppose telling you that is a bad idea would be pointless." I nod again, smiling this time. "Well, I better pray then."

"There there, my friend, she is going to make my adventure more eventful." I place my hand on his shoulder, making him freeze for a few moments.

"That is what I am afraid of, Sire."

"Of a bit more adventure?" I ask amusedly.

"Of trouble, my Lord," he clarifies. "As much as women are admirable and lovely, they are trouble."

"Perhaps I need some in my life." My eyes shift at Miss Evans, something in my smile softening.

"I have a good feeling about this," Silas declares, placing a hand over his chest. "Also, I have a very good feeling you'll bring me something fancy from your journey."

"Could you bring me some recipes?" Lilly asks, grinning at her with her chubby cheeks, earning a playful pinch from her sister.

"Anything for you?" Miss Evans directs her question at Zayn.

"Just come back safely," he mumbles so quietly I almost don't hear him. He truly seems extremely shy, his eyes flicking at us a bit nervously to see if we're listening.

"Of course." She flicks the tip of his nose, making him smile a little.

I patiently wait for Miss Evans to say her goodbyes, watching as her palms gently clasp her sister's face. "Listen, you know where to hide and where to search for weapons in case of danger. Also remember, fingers, throat, groin."

"Yes, Miss!" Lillian mock salutes her, a smile appearing on her face. "Be careful and here you go, I baked you some biscuits, I know you are addicted to them." She pushes a basket into her hands, but not before grabbing a biscuit for herself.