Monster

((Sorry, I don't have an excuse for not updating, I forgot... heh heh... whoops :) ))

"Let me know if you hear anything..."

Mark mutters into the phone, pressed against his ear, his hand grasping it tightly, nearly crushing the screen in his hand. He prepares to hang up but the voice on the other end stops him.

"Mark... maybe we should just kill him... It clearly didn't work."

A Swedish accented voice speaks from the other end of the phone call. The red haired man sighs and shakes his head before remembering Felix couldn't see him.

"Felix... I can't..."

"Then give him to me Mark... I'll take care of him... maybe even find out where his pack is..."

Felix suggests quietly, seeming keen on his idea. Mark sighs and runs a hand through his dyed hair. He knew exactly what methods the Swede would use... what methods he had used before.

"No... I'll take care of it... let me know if you hear anything."

With that Mark ends the call, dropping the phone down to his side, setting it on the couch beside him. He releases a small stressful sigh, looking downward at his arm. The one Sean had bitten.

It was wrapped in a thick layer of bandages, and beneath that were a few stitches. It had been a few days, almost 4 now, since that accident. It didn't seem that killing Ken worked, and Jack was nowhere to be found. However there had been a few different wolf attacks, Mark kept telling himself it wasn't Jack.

The door opens quickly, jolting the red haired man from his thoughts, his brown eyes travel to the door and widen slightly as he stands off of the couch.

Sean stood in the doorway, his green hair a disheveled, dirty mess ontop of his head, his blue eyes franticly scanning the room, his face pale, clothing torn and bloody. He looked absolutely insane.

"Sean...?"

At his name the Irish man's animal-like eyes shift to the man who walked towards him slowly, hesitant with each step. Jack shakes his head, stopping Mark in his place and simply walks past him, up the stairs and into his room without a word.

Mark watches the stairs for a few seconds after he'd walked up before sighing gently and sitting on his couch again, picking up his phone and sending a quick text to Felix.

I found him...

He stands again after about a minute and walks up the stairs slowly, he stops at Jack's door and hesitantly lifts his hand before knocking gently.

"Jack... can we talk?"

He calls through the door. When he got no response he reaches for the door knob. It turns on its own before it opens, revealing the green haired man who looked at Mark, with almost a bored expression. He says nothing, but his blue eyes roam down, until they land on the man's bandaged arm, and his eyes shine with guilt.

"What the hell happened, where were you? I was worried sick."

Mark speaks in almost a scolding tone. Jack raises his gaze until his blue eyes meet the man's chocolate brown ones, shining with genuine worry.

"I... I just needed some time..."

He finally responds, his voice ragged. The red haired man looks at him, waiting for him to continue but he doesn't. Finally Mark sighs quietly.

"Sean, don't ever do that again... You could've died."

The red haired man lowers his voice. Jack says nothing, and lowers his gaze, his eyes seeming to focus on everything but the man in front of him.

"That'd be good though wouldn't it? I'm a monster, why haven't you killed me already."

The Irish man murmurs under his breath, barely audible. Mark looks at him and shakes his head.

"Sean, you're not-"

"Yes I am!"

Jack interrupts, his sudden loud tone making Mark jump slightly.

"Just look at your arm! All the people I've killed! You can't say I'm not a monster, not after all I've done."

Mark stares at him with wide eyes, sucking in a small breath he reaches out, gently placing his good hand on the green haired man's shoulder, ignoring when the small man flinched at his touch.

"Sean... that wasn't you... you weren't in control..."

Jack continues to stare at the floor, his eyes scanning every detail, every small crack in the wood.

"I was though... I remember everything. I remember how I felt each time...."

The Irish man mutters softly, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

"I enjoyed it..."

Mark opens his mouth to respond, but is cut off as Jack slams the door in his face.

Inside the room Jack lays on his bed, staring up at the ceiling with thoughts rocketing through his head. He had yet to change out of his torn, bloody clothing, and simply let thoughts pound against his mind.

Monster. Beast. Psychopath. Murderer.

As more thoughts begin to enter, a tear finally slips from his eye, followed by another, until they streamed down his face freely. He doesn't look over as the door opens, simply continues to weep.

Soon a figure sits on the bed beside him. Mark. The red haired man sighs and gently pulls Jack into his arms. Instead of fighting, the green haired man simply grasps onto his shirt, sobbing into the man's chest, as Mark rubbed small circles onto his back, trying to calm him down, though he just kept crying.

About an hour had passed, and now Jack's breathing had evened out. His head rested against Mark's chest, his shirt now wet with tears.

Mark had an arm around the man protectively, his other hand playing with strands of his green hair gently, scanning his tearstained face and smiling slightly at his sleeping form.

"I'll protect you Sean... I promise..."