Chapter 1.

"Rose!!! We need a hand here!!!"

"Coming!!!" I rush over to a group of doctors and nurses, helping them carry the injured members of the military and giving them the care they need.

"Rose, can you help me operate this surgery? It's the major general and I trust you a lot." My best friend Nia asks. She is the most skilled doctor/surgeon/nurse out of everyone that helps out here.

"Yeah, thanks for your trust." We hurriedly run to the place to operate this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Afterwards, when everyone is resting, Nia comes up to me. "Thanks for helping out today."

"No problem! This is my job after all."

"I'm still so surprised... you're so young, and you're still so good at assisting?"

"Well, I guess experience helps. They made me practice a lot, so..." I shrug.

BOOM. CRASH. BANG.

The whole room started to freak out.

"SURPRISE ATTACK!!! Someone said. "EVACUATE!!!"

"Oh crap, not this again." Nia and I ran for a place that would be safe to stay with the other people in our group. "Rose come on!!!"

BANG.

"NIA!!!!"

I run over to where she fell. I tried to carry her across my shoulder but she declined.

"Nia..." my voice was shaky and I was trying hard to hold back my tears. I already lost my parents, I can't loose her...

"Live strong and live life the way you want to."

Nia puts her hand on my hand, gives me one last smile, and her eyes close, her heartbeat stops.

"NIA!!!! NO!!! NIA!!!!!" I shake her shoulder as a tear slips down my cheek.

"ROSE!!! COME HERE!!!" Other nurses were calling me over. I give Nia one last look and I leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~

From then on, I sit alone.

I eat alone.

I walk alone.

I read alone.

I am alone.

Until they came in my life.

"Rose? Is that your name?" A young kind women asks.

"Yes... Who are you?"

"You don't know who I am?" She looks surprised. I shake my head.

"That's okay, you can just call me Thayer. Do you want to sit with Thomas and I?"

I nod. What can be the worse that happens?

I greet Thomas and put my stuff down.

"Rose, you're very experienced in the medical field, am I right?" Thomas asks and I nod.

"Oh boy, Thayer, please don't just talk to her and ignore me!"

Thayer chuckles. "I don't care Thomas." She turns to me. "YOU'RE SO COOL!!!"

I look at them with wide eyes. Then I smiled, for the first time after Nia left.

TBC.