3: Operation Shizuka Seduces the Seriously Sexy Semi

Start from the beginning

"Of course not! I have to win something back to make up for all my previous losses! We still have a few months until graduation. Before that happens, there has to be something I could defeat him at!"

Propping herself up to a more comfortable position, Fuyuki lazily remarked, "Yeah but realistically speaking, if you had the ability to do so, you would've already beaten him don't you think?"

Shizuka tugged on the ends of her hair. "He surely can't be good at everything?"

"Oh, and yet somehow he is," drawled Fuyuki. "That's why so many girls and even some guys find him so attractive. On top of being insanely smart, athletic, and gorgeous, did you know he's also good at home ec?"

Mika who had finally found the bag of handmade cookies she was looking for in her backpack added, "Yes, I've heard about that too. When he first transferred in the second semester of first year, a bunch of girls showered him with homemade cookies, cakes and other handmade presents every day, but he never accepted any."

"Mhmm. One day one of his admirers from the home ec club got so upset that he was "denying their goodwill" that she exploded and asked why he never received anything handmade even though his fans spent so long to make them. You know how he responded?"

Seeing Fuyuki deliberately drawing out the story for unnecessary suspense, Shizuka nearly shook her friend by the shoulders. "Out with it, lady! I don't have the patience for this right now!"

"He didn't say a single word. He only briskly walked to the home ec room and pulled out baking supplies. Then, with a whole crowd watching, he began whipping up a perfect batch of cookies. While the cookies were baking in the oven, he pulled out a needle and some thread and embroidered a lifelike rose onto a nearby dish towel. His baking method and sewing techniques were so pro-level that afterwards, all his admirers lost the confidence to give him anything handmade." After completing her story, Fuyuki slowly clapped in appreciation. "A true legend."

"I heard the cookies he made were so tasty that when one girl secretly snuck one home, even her mother who was a celebrity chef praised them," added Mika.

"Yup, yup and that dish towel was auctioned off online and sold for about $500."

Shizuka's head hung low as she process what her friends were telling her. How can one person be so perfect? The heavens were truly unfair when creating Semi Madoka.

"I think there was an exam question that described this situation perfectly," mused Fuyuki."It was like fill in the blanks. What happens when an uncontrollable thing meets another thing? Something like that?"

"It's called the irresistible force paradox. It's formulated as, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" Shizuka replied off-handedly.

"Right," Fuyuki nodded. "You're like the unstoppable force and Semi-san is the immovable object."

Shizuka sighed. "This is why you're ranked in the bottom half, Fuu-chan. It's called the irresistible force paradox because it's flawed. Logically, the two things can't co-exist. Though really, at this point, I'm more like the completely stoppable force being repelled by the immovable object."

The corners of Fuyuki's lips lifted. "That's true but it may not be for long. Praise me. I just came up with a shockingly great plan for how you could rival Semi Madoka."

"Really?!"

"Yup."

As she listened to the rundown of Fuyuki's plan, Shizuka's expressions rapidly changed from dumbfounded to shock to displeased to incredulous.