Family Begins With Love.

Start from the beginning

"Well, you didn't need to get me anything," I laughed.

"I wanted to, ____," he said leaning over me to reach into the nightstand. But he made a point to plant a kiss on my lips before placing a box into my hands, "but this is for you. Because I didn't really get to do things the way I wanted to before."

I couldn't help the smile that happened on my lips. My arms crossed as I looked at Dean. He urged me to open his gift. I gave the box a shake.

"Wonder what it is," I joked.

"You'd never figure it out."

"Maybe it's another puppy?"

"This beast is unruly enough."

"Ice cream?"

"In a box?"

"I'm hungry," I shrugged.

"Will you just open it?" he laughed.

"Yeah, yeah."

I opened the box knowing damn well what was inside of it. From the corner of my eye I could see Dean grinning widely. I gave an exaggerated gasp when I saw the ring inside.

"Okay, don't overdo it," he bumped his arm into mine playfully.

"You do know I have to ask a serious question, Dean," I raised an eyebrow, "did you dig through the dog's poop for this or is it a different one?"

"Do I look like the kinda guy who digs through dog poop for a ring?"

My eyebrows lifted as I could barely contain my laughter. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me into the bed. His lips pressed against mine quickly and playfully. I laughed between each one. He took the ring from me and held my hand gently.

"So what do you say, sweetheart, wanna be Mrs. Dean Winchester?" he smirked.

"You know, the last time you were going to ask was much more romantic," I smiled.

"That's not an answer," he said kissing my neck, his stubble tickled me as I laughed more, "I will keep doing this until you answer me."

"Then you'll never get an answer."

"I love the way you think."

"Alright, alright. Yes, Dean."

"That's my girl," he grinned sliding the ring onto my left hand.

"Well, what do we do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, doesn't the world think you guys are dead? And I'm not really legally anyone. We can't really get married. But you know it is the thought that counts."

"Oh, you really think I don't have a plan?"

"Dean Winchester, Hunter, wedding planner," I laughed.

"Only for you. It's a one time thing."

"I'm honored."

"Come on, let's get some sleep," he offered, "it's late."

He sat up picking the blanket off the ground. It covered us and the dog. Barkley did not like the blanket and jumped out from underneath. He curled up on the floor. Dean wrapped his arms around me tightly. My body inched closer to his. Something about being so close to him like this was relaxing enough to always make me find sleep. I drifted off in moments. Hours later I woke to find the room empty. I sat up and looked around. There was no sign of Dean, or Barkley. I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I walked into the hallway. My bare feet strode against the cool floor. I peeked in my room only to find it empty. A knock on Sam's door went unanswered. I moved quicker through the bunker. Bedrooms, empty. Kitchen, empty. The library, not even a trace of either of them. Maybe they went out for food. I headed back to my room. I took a quick shower. The water shut off as I reached behind the curtain for a towel. I wrapped it around myself before stepping out of the shower. A fresh towel patted against my hair, drying it slightly before I brushed it. My eyes caught a glimpse of the ring on my left hand. It warmed my heart. Knowing that after all this. After all the lies, sacrifices and loss, there was still something good that could come from this life. I was digging through my closet when flapping wings brought Cas into my room. I jumped and held tightly to the towel around me.