XXIX. The Visitor

Hello guys!! Even though my exams aren't done, I missed writing. So, here I am (guiltily but, not really ;) ). A big huge thanks to all who waited to read this story (and my other). Wattpad, you're screwing with my exams and I still don't hate you :D

Without further ado, here you go guys!

Expect SasuSaku. You guys deserve it :D
______________________________________

DAMAGED PIECES: THE VISITOR

"And since you know you cannot see yourself,
so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
will modestly discover to yourself,
that of yourself which you yet know not of."

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
______________________________________

Sakura kept quiet in the passenger seat. She didn't know what to make of this man beside her. He just abruptly shows up and breaks her out of jail? And she was expected to listen too. She was still wary of the injection he'd rammed into her, though it seemed to be having the desired effects.

From beneath the hood, her eyes drift over to study the shady man's face, stopping at a particular bruise below his eye. It had swollen to make it appear as if the man had a high, rosy cheekbone. If he had just led with who sent him, she probably wouldn't have attacked him with intent to knock out.

Each time there was a bump on the road, she didn't miss the way he tried to control his facial expressions, which led her to shift her eyes below, where a thin blanket covered the man's lower body. And Sakura knew just what was under it. A bigger bump followed and the wheatish man cringed. The ice pack seemed to have been displaced. She quickly turned her face away while he readjusted the ice, which wouldn't be needed if she had allowed him to explain what was happening.

Sakura flinched seeing his glare for putting him through this utmost inconvenience and almost swallowed the small glass of guilt. In her defence, she was aggravated by whatever fucking drug they used on her. She felt better now though. Whatever Baki - he said his name was - had given her, seemed to be countering the effects. Leaning towards the window of the pick up truck, she allowed the wind to pick up her hair as the hood fell off.

Cold air hit her senses - air she hadn't felt in a long time. Once in a while, a car would pass by albeit, the road remained otherwise unoccupied. Her memory had dulled. Or it was possibly all these rapid events that messed her up worse, that she couldn't even tell which way they were driving. For once, she would like to not care. But, she wondered if that was an option yet.

A question occured to her that she probably should have asked a while ago. All this drugging business was playing with her head.

"What time is it?"

Baki looked like he wanted to grunt out something. Instead, he just said '4 am'.

That was why the roads were empty then. Sakura had assumed it was night time. After two weeks, she'd lost count of her days confined in the cell of that blastid mental hospital.

"What road is this?" she followed.

"27, Suna highway."

"Suna?"

"You were shifted."

"Oh."

She didn't even realize she'd been moved from the Yakushi mental house. Sakura felt uneasy with knowing how delirious she'd have to be to not notice.

Baki watched the shift in her status when he mentioned about their whereabouts. Being ex-military, he knew all too well about delirium and PTSD. Despite his annoyance with her for the not-so-minor ache she'd given him, the girl seemed to need guidance. He guessed she must be feeling violated and invaded now, if she wasn't before.