'Hi.' He whispered, his usual, sweet smile on his face. Daria could smell his mates scent all over him, making her eyes widen in surprise.

'The two of you mated!' Daria yelled in his ear. He winced at the loudness of her voice, put a finger in his ear and shook it. He pushed her face away from her ear and took a step forward into her house.

'Where is Raya?' He asked softly.

'How do you know that she's at home?' Daria asked suspiciously. 'And what's that in your hand?'

'I'm here to meet her, so of course I know that's she's here.' He told his best friend. 'Bailey wants you to come over for dinner tomorrow if possible, she's experimenting with her mothers recipe.' He wrinkled his nose distastefully.

'I think I'll pass, I don't want to die from food poisoning.' She laughed, thinking about the last time Bailey "experimented". She wasn't a bad cook, but the times she decided to become masterchef with random ingredients thrown into a pot of soup, Daria had spent quite a lot of time running to the washroom.

'But you're fine with me dying.' He murmured.

'Obviously.' Daria ruffled his hair and Raya came waddling out from the living room, a grin on her face.

'Alan! Did you get it?' She asked, with a slight warning in her tone on the possibility that his reply would be negative. He nodded, holding the box forward and handing it over to Daria's older sister.

He took out his phone and started to type into it with an incredible speed.

Alan
Bailey helped.

He showed the screen to Raya, who read it with squinted eyes.

'That's good enough, I have no doubt that it will be perfect then.' She sighed in relief. 'I was nervous that you would pick something horridious up.'

Alan frowned, sticking his tongue out at Raya.

'What are you two talking about?' Daria asked confused.

'Oh, I asked him to pick out a brand new dress for you, for the new start of your life!' Raya cheered, but that didn't make Daria lose her sour expression.

'I'm not going.' Daria crossed her arms like a stubborn child.

'Yes you are.'

'No-'

'Stop acting like a baby Daria, otherwise I will lock you in your room until you agree to do as I say.' Raya narrowed her eyes at her.

'I'll just jump out of the window.' Daria said.

'No you won't. Now wear this dress and come down as soon as possible.' Raya said. 'Go, shoo.'

'I'm not a pigeon.' Daria grumbled under her breath.

She saw Alan smirking and angrily trudged up to her room, the box in hand. She opened it and felt an extremely soft, dark blue coloured material inside. When she took it out of the box she was surprised to see that it was actually decent and fell down to her knees, with a slightly low neckline but a completely covered up back. Just the way she liked it. Showing off her scarred back wasn't on the agenda anywhere, she didn't want to explain to people how she got it since they weren't her fondest memories.