2.0

STALKER

The breakfast table was silent, the only sounds that could be heard were the clanking of forks and spoons on the vessels. Daria glanced at her mother who stood with her arms folded and then between her sister and father who seemed to be having some sort of silent match.

She knew her sister would win, it was a given. She was as stubborn as a mule and everytime this regular activity occurred, as they egoistic personalities crashed, her father usually felt bad and apologised using the easiest technique. Food.

Raya seemed to be struggling to keep her mouth shut, it was obvious the way her mouth kept opening and closing after every few seconds.

'I have heard that the pack borders are being breached, a lot. Is that true?' Raya asked finally breaking the unsettling silence. Their father gave her a smug smile, showing that he was the winner for their silent match before his expression turns grim.

'That news isn't supposed to be reaching the ears of everyone. Where did you hear it from?' He asked, with a small level of authority slipping into his tone.

He wasn't an extremely high ranking profession, but his services to the pack had been successful and he was the one who was responsible for the making sure that everyone was situated in their guarding positions. He also on a few days helped to train the younger generation which was a great feat in itself since rowdy teenagers with a knack for disobeying authority was present in every pack.

'It's been all over the pack, a strange scent has been smelt and tracked to the river. People also noticed the excess protection around the pack house.' Raya shrugged.

'Strange scent.' Daria thought, remembering the previous night.

'If someone is targeting our pack they would try to access the strong locations, always remember that.' He taught Raya and Daria. 'The pack house contains a lot of things, including the hideouts, secret pathways and secrets guarded for centuries. And you girls try to stay at hone as much as you can.'

'They won't target us common wolves, so I guess we will be safe.' Daria propped her elbows on the dining table.

'We don't know what they want, we don't know their numbers. They haven't made a move yet so everyone is in danger. It's not rare for rogues to kidnap young maidens for their marriage.' Raya snorted and her father gave her a sharp look.

'You find this funny missy?' He raised an eyebrow.

'Who uses the word "maiden" anymore.'

'A lot of people do actually, and I'm sure that law claims the freedom of speech for all.' Daria smirked, knowing that her sister would be frustrated with her.

'Support me once in a while for a change will you?' Raya scowled.

'I might, but what's the fun in that.' Daria's cell phone rang at that very moment and she excused her self from the table to pick up the incoming call. Before she could slide to pick up the call got cut and she received a text message.

Alan
Are you coming home today?

Daria
I may, why?

Alan
Dad has got to go out somewhere and he was planning to take me too, so unless you are coming, I'll go.

Daria
If it's something important it's fine, I can meet you some other day.

Alan
It's not exactly important, but okay. So tomorrow?

Daria
Sure!

Daria sighed as she realised that her days plans had been cancelled once again. She wanted to tell someone about the strange feeling she had been receiving, and Alan, one of her closest friends was the most trustworthy people. He wouldn't tell anyone, and it wasn't only because he was selectively mute.

After hearing her father's admission her heart had started to feel heavy with trepidation. If the man was a stalker, especially a rogue who was finding a forced mate, then she was going to be in some serious trouble.

She debated telling her parents about it, but she didn't wat them to fret over something that may or may not have been correct.

Daria informed her family that she was going out for a walk and started to make her way towards the park situated near the Greenzone. The Greenzone was the safest part of the pack where a majority of the public facilities for the pack was situated, it had a lot of security and that's exactly what Daria needed at that moment. Safety.

The park was oddly abandoned, especially for a time when the kids had an intense urge to meet up with their friends and play around happily. Daria felt eyes on her, her wolf had alerted her about someone lurking in and around the area. The ideal choice would have been to go home immediately but since a long time Daria just wanted to relax, and no jobless, good for nothing rogue was going to take that away from her.

She sat on the empty swing and kicked her legs, making the swing rise higher and higher with every powerful leg movement. Daria smiled at the feeling of the wind rising through her hair in short bursts and closed her eyes.

The calm bubble around the arena was unsettled as a low growl ripped through, her eyes sprung open and she caught sight of a flash of black. A rare, but surprisingly familiar scent drifted into her sniffing nose, it was the same musky and slightly harsh aroma that she had discovered in her room the other day.

Daria's legs worked fast as she backed away from the scene, almost tripping over a rock that left a small scratch on her marked legs. The two tattoos that twisted up her ankle now had a disfiguration, but that would be healed within no time.

Her legs took her faster away from the scene as she looked around for help,the guards who were meant to be stationed around. She knew that her human speed would be no match for a full grown werewolf, so she too shifted mid stride into her own black wolf who's fur glistened under the bright light.

'Dad, I'm being chased.' She sent a message to her father and cut it off to ward off any disturbances that may come in the form of her fathers voice, which could distract her from her goal of getting home in one piece.

She could feel her father try to reach her, but she pushed the barriers and continued to run even though the sound of paws running behind her ceased.

She didn't take a rest till she got home, where she shifted back into human form as wore some clothes. Her mother stood there looking worried and engulfed her father into a warm hug. She opened her mind link and was immediately met with the voices of her father and her Alpha who were asking her where she was and was she safe.

It wasn't until the adrenaline stopped pumping did she realise just what had happened properly, she had a stalker.

______|||______

|Dedicated to pizzalicioustic, one of my biggest TALR supporters, a close friend and an amazing person|
P.S. Go check out her books, they are awesome!

READ
VOTE
COMMENT
Cause it gives me inspiration to write(and it wards off a little of the laziness cloud that hovers over my head XD)

Until next time,
Stay Amazing,
JoEe