Reality

Your POV

You lay awake in bed, clutching your favorite teddy bear. All of a sudden, you hear the familiar sound of padded feet on the roof. Your eyes widen with fear and you jump out of bed quietly, running to your parents' room. You shake them gently.

"Mama, Papa, they're here again," you whisper quietly. Your father jumps out of bed quickly and fastens his shuriken holder to his leg, while your mother grabs several kunai knives. You also grab a kunai and follow your parents as they creep into your room.
"[Y/n], get in bed and pretend to be asleep. You know the drill," your father whispers before slipping into the shadows of your room. Your mother does the same and you swallow the lump in your throat before jumping back into bed. You close your eyes, listening to the thumping of your heart.

*thump*

*thump*

*thump*

*thump*

*THUMP*

You inhale sharply at the loud sound as you hear people shuffling outside of your window. You grip the kunai tightly, your small knuckles turning white.

Breathe [Y/n], you coax yourself.

Your breath becomes more shallow as you hear your window slowly open. You squeeze your eyes shut, your heart pounding in your ears.

Mama, Papa, please hurry.

.....

Just hold on, [Y/n], we're waiting for the right moment.

You audibly gasp. Your mother's voice rang through your head, clear as day, as if she had heard your thought. However, your thoughts are interrupted as dark figures slip through the open window. In response, your parents jump out of the shadows, ready to fight despite them being asleep moments earlier. As the they start to fight, you wince as you hear the sickening sounds of weapons burying themselves in flesh.

A hand grabs your leg and you scream as a sharp pain bursts across your ankle. You raise your kunai over your head, ready to fend yourself against your attacker, but your father comes over and punches the ninja in the face instead. It was a sickening, bone-crunching sound, and you widen your eyes as dark red liquid spurts out of his nose. The last ninja backs away into the corner, letting your mother and father have enough time to prepare their attack. They both weave the same hand signs in unison, and you widen your eyes as you see chakra accumulating around their hands.

"CHIDORI, ONE THOUSAND BIRDS!!!"

They plunge their chakra-soaked hands into the ninja's chest and you close your eyes as his body convulses in a fit of spasms. Silence envelops the now blood stained room, the heavy breaths of your parents the only sounds. You watch them in silence, ignoring the bloody bodies littering the floor.

"I've never seen that move before," you whisper. Your mom looks up for the first time and smiles wearily.
"An old friend of ours taught it to us a long time ago before you were born, [Y/n]," she says. Your dad gets up and sits on the edge of your bed.

"Are you okay?" he asks, checking your arms and legs for wounds. Your mother widens her eyes and grabs your ankle.
"You got injured!!!" You flinch at the intensity of her voice.
"It's okay, Mama. I'm fine," you say, struggling in her grip. She shakes her head.
"I'll go get some wound ointment. Try not to move," she says before leaving the room. After she leaves, you look at the wound on your ankle. It was an ugly gash about three inches long and half an inch thick, but surprisingly, you felt no pain. Your father lifts up the cloth shrouding the faces of the ninjas. He sighs.
"Sound ninjas again," he says. You pull out your notebook and grab a pen.

"Let's see... that was the fourth sound ninja attack this month," you announce, documenting it on the paper. "However, the sand shinobi attacked us six times last month." Your dad sighs and shakes his head.
"You shouldn't talk about this that casually, [Y/n]," he says reproachfully. You frown.
"But this has been happening for a while!" you protest. You had a point. Ever since your fourth birthday, ninjas ranging from chunin to highly skilled shinobi from all villages began attacking your family. Your parents had told you that they were bad people who just wanted to kill others, but you felt like they were lying. Every time you sensed the ninjas' chakra, they always seemed to have the intent to kill...

.....only you.

Your mother enters the room with a container of ointment. As she lifts your leg, you feel a weird tingling shoot through your body. You look down and your eyes widen in shock. Your mother sees it too and gasps.

"[Father's name], look," she whispers. He stares at your ankle and smiles.
"Guess her potential is shining through really early," he says. You look at both of them curiously as they share a knowing look.
"What's going on?" you question. Your father smiles again.
"It's about time we told you about the history of the [L/n] clan, and the real reason why the ninjas keep attacking us." You widen your eyes at this and look at your ankle once again.

The wound was completely gone.

A/N: Hope you like it so far!