2.3 His Maid, Fuming

"It seems we are safe to go home now," Ciel says with a grimace.

"Yeah..." Scarlett trails off.

The trio looks at each other silently. They were all stalling for time.

"It's inevitable," Adrianna says, breaking the silence, "we have to go back home. Come on now, we just have to hope for the best."

They leave the inn and wave goodbye to the innkeepers, waving goodbye to the man and woman. 

There was a slight breeze, which was unusual for summer in Italy. It gently blew through Scarlett's hair, causing some strands to fall on her face. Temperatures didn't affect demons much, but Scarlett loved when there was a slight breeze on a summer's day.

The temperature was much cooler in the forest because of all the shade. Adrianna picked apples from a tree and put them in a small brown basket she was holding.

"These will be excellent for pumpkin pie. I can incorporate some souls into it so everyone can enjoy," Adrianna says.

They continue talking while making their way back home. But as they got closer, replies became shorter until they were all completely silent.

From the outside, the house looked completely fine.

"I guess we should go inside and assess the damage," Ciel speaks up.

Adrianna opens the door and is completely astonished by what she sees.

The married couple is talking and laughing while Y/n is slicing meat and vegetables. Sebastian hugs her from behind as they continue their conversation.

Sebastian takes notice of the three a few minutes later and turns around. Y/n does the same and smiles.

"Oh, there you guys are! It's been a few hours, we were wondering where you three ventured off to. No worries, though. Sebastian and I collected a few souls for dinner tonight."

The three look between each other, earning confused expressions from Sebastian and Y/n.

"Is something wrong?" Y/n asks.

"Are you two alright?" Adrianna replies with a question.

"Of course," Sebastian speaks up, "why wouldn't we be?"

"Last time we saw you two, the both of you were arguing and yelling at each other before heading to your room. That was three days ago," Ciel explains.

"Huh? That's strange... I don't remember anything about arguing," Sebastian says.

"Now that I think about it, neither do I. All I remember is waking up from my five-year nap, learning my idiot of a husband cheated on me, learned I was part angel, and forgiving him," Y/n adds in.

Scarlett sighs, "I guess I'll explain then. Mum, you were in heat and since Papa is apparently your mate, he was really overprotective of you."

Y/n's eyes widen, "Does that mean he and me-"

Ciel, Adrianna, and Scarlett nod their heads in unison. Y/n starts blushing madly and covers her face with her hands while Sebastian simply smirks. 

"Let's just forget this discussion and incident ever happened," Y/n chokes out.

---

Y/n eventually gets over the embarrassing moment and continues making dinner with Sebastian's help. Dinner is finished shortly after and the group eats.

Ciel sits back in his chair and signs, "Y/n, that was a good meal."

Everyone nods their heads in approval.