1.4 Phantomhive Training

Day 1:

Sebastian and I almost stayed up the entire night training. We stopped a little after midnight so I could go take care of our daughter.

Our daughter. I never thought that Sebastian and I would end up together, let alone have a daughter. It almost felt surreal. But, I knew what was going to end up happening in a few days. I would just have to enjoy the time I had left with them.

Scarlett was in a white crib, bundled up in a light pink blanket and sleeping soundly. White, frilly lace decorated the side of the crib, with small pink bows surrounding it.

It was dawn. Adrianna was sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms. I was grateful for her offering to help me with Scarlett.

Scarlett let out a small cry. Immediately, I picked her up and cradled her in my arms.

"Shh, it's okay, Mama's here," I whispered.

She began calming down as I rocked her gently in my arms.

"Even when I am gone, just know I will be here to protect you. Maybe not in your sight, but in your heart, just know I will not let anything happen."

I'll wipe your memories to make it less painful. I remembered Angela's words and shook my head.

"I will not forget you, my love. You can count on that."

"Y/n? Are you alright?"

Sebastian stood in the doorway, leaning an arm on the wall. I nodded my head and smiled.

"I am perfectly fine," I lied.

This was harder than I thought. I needed to spend as much time as I could with my family.

I looked down at my precious daughter, who was sucking on her tiny thumb. She grabbed my index finger and wrapped her tiny hand around it, cooing.

Sebastian sat down on the bed next to me. Mey-Rin had changed the sheets whilst Sebastian and I were training at night. I gently handed Scarlett over to her father.

"Never in my entire life did I think I would have a child," he started, "but I am glad we do have Scarlett now. Time is going to fly by incredibly fast."

My heart dropped when I kept on remembering the deal. "It will."

I leaned my head on his shoulder, watching as our daughter's eyes began drooping again. Her eyes looked into mine one last time before she fell into a deep slumber again.

"She is going to be like you when she gets older, no doubt. Incredibly nice to everyone, but very scary when you get her angry. She will probably have the same angry face as you - yes, that is the one."

I glared at Sebastian while he simply laughed at his comment. He kissed me on the cheek before getting up and placing Scarlett in her cradle in the nursery.

"Since Scarlett's asleep, why don't we have a little bit of fun~?" Sebastian asked.

I blushed at the question. "Sebastian, what if I become pregnant again? We should at least wait until Scarlett is a little older."

"Emuishere, it is very uncommon for demons to bear a child. Relax, I doubt you will become pregnant again so soon."

I bit my lip, while Sebastian crawled on top of me and kissed my neck. I felt butterflies in my stomach. He bit my neck gently, causing me to gasp softly.

"It makes me happy to know I have that effect on you," he murmured.

He roughly kissed me on the lips, to which I responded by wrapping my arms around his next.