0.6 Phantomhive Revenge

Father or not, I was still going to kill the monster that did this to me. He was a piece of scum that needed to be eliminated.

"Do you know anything of his whereabouts?" I asked Sebastian.

A sly grin crept onto his face, "Of course I do, Kitten. What kind of butler would I be if I was not able to keep track of people? From what I have heard, it appears he has been targeting noblewomen in the center of London. If you wish to kill him, I suggest doing it soon. He will have to move to another place soon so he does not bring too much attention to himself. I know the way he works."

It was unusual that he knew so much of his father. Most demons abandon their kin. Fathers leave when they catch wind of the pregnancy. Demons tend to be devoid of love and other emotions. Ironic how that was not my case.

"I am going to search for him tonight," I told Sebastian.

My stomach churned with anticipation as we walked back to the mansion. Was I ready to take this demon on? The man has been alive longer than me, which suggests more experience in battling other demons. Maybe the odds would end up working in my favor. Maybe I will end up dying. All I know is that I want to at least try finishing this battle before my life ends. This is an opportunity I cannot just toss to the side.

I began walking up the stairs. Ciel was going in the same direction as me, so I caught up to him.

"Ciel," I breathed.

"Yes?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"There are matters I must attend to tonight. I might die. If I die, well that means Sebastian takes full control of the contract again and he will eat your soul once you complete your mission. If I live, I will act as your sister in public, but in the manor I will be your maid. I am your pawn. Since you bear the seal of the Faustian Contract, I will obey your every command no matter if I am acting as your maid or sister. You are my master."

He nodded, "Very well then."

Just like that, he began walking down the hall again. His attitude towards me will change now that he knows I am his pawn. He controls me.

Tonight will either be the day I die, or the day I become a pawn in Ciel's game for vengeance.

-

Nighttime fell. This was usually the time a demon such as the one I was dealing with would come for his victims. His reign of terror was hopefully about to come to an end. I was avenging myself, as well as the other women he has tortured.

I wore a black sweater, with matching black shorts. I sharpened one of my knives, strapping it to the side of my thigh once done. Sebastian walked into my room with an amused expression.

"You are engaging in battle with knives? The man has thousands of years of experience, Kitten. He will be able to easily deflect your knives," he comments.

"I am sorry my choice of weaponry does not satisfy you, Mr. I-fight-with-butter-knives."

His amused expression was wiped off his face once I said it. I silently told myself I needed to thank Ciel for telling me this valuable piece of information.

"What is his name, Sebastian?"

"...Augustus," was his short reply.

I got up from the bed and threw my hair into a french braid as quickly as I could. Sebastian followed me down the stairs, to the front of the mansion. Ciel stood in front of us.

"I am coming with you Y/n," he stated while sounding bold.

"No you are not Ciel," I shook my head, "this is way too dangerous. You will end up getting hurt. I don't mean to be rude but you will only be a distraction."