Regret.

Alexanders eyes followed the features of John's face, then lifted his chin, forcing the freckled faced boy to look at him.
"John.."
Alexander hummed, John looking into Alexander's eyes. Things fell quiet, all that could be heard was the clock ticking. Alexanders hands then crawled up to cup Johns cheeks, John grinned leaning his cheek into the warm hands. They sat like that for a moment, before Alex leaned in and locked John into a kiss. John was slightly shocked but soon relaxed into the kiss. Once each of them pulled away, there was a tint of red covering their cheeks. Alexander laughed softly, closing his eyes.
"Don't be jealous of Eliza, I don't think we're going to work out."
Alexander said rather bluntly. John sighed a little, but didn't question it. John wanted to kiss him again but he knew it was wrong. His heart pounded against his ribs, as he just stared at Alex for a good moment before crashing their lips together again. Heat rose against their cheeks, as it deepened, and physical contact came into play. Alexanders hand slid up Johns shirt, before John pulled away, moving Alexander's hand away.
"N-No."
John closed his eyes tightly.
"I can't do that, you have a girlfriend, you have a child, I'm not going through with an affair with someone who's in a relationship. I'm sorry Alexander, You should leave..."
John sat up his hands shoved between his thighs, face down. Alexander got up, but didn't get upset with John. He packed his things up, and without saying another word left. John sat in the silence before tears fell from his eyes. He cried, for the first time in a long time. Had he lost a best friend or a future partner? So many thoughts clouded in his brain before they were dismissed by a sudden ring of a text message. He didn't want to look at it. If it was Alexander he didn't wanna know what he had said. He heaved a sigh, wiping away the escaped tears and headed for the bathroom to relax in a warm shower. He twisted the knob as the water started, it was cold at first but progressed into a warm blanket which had wrapped around his body when he disposed of his clothing and stepping in. he crossed his arms staring at the white tiled wall, thinking of all of his and Alexander's memories, he smiled and chuckled at some of them, but tears still welled in his eyes. It pained him to think but it was hard not to. He then relaxed his body and tilted his curly brown hair back into the water, running his hands over his curls. He soon after washed his hair, his body, then got out to dry off. He walked to his room semi-dry, and retrieved a black t-shirt, a dark olive green jacket, a maroon like scarf, and his black ankle boots. He walked into the living room retrieving his phone, He finally seen who had tried to contact him and to his surprise it was Peggy. He read the text which was on the screen.
"Meet me at the park, George valley?"
It read, he knew something was up but Peggy was a close friend. He replied with a simple sure, and headed out the door, he scoffed at the rain which still poured down.
"New York weather is great."
He said with great sarcasm. He walked back inside and grabbed his black umbrella. Once on his door step he opened the umbrella and covered his head. He walked down the street, yet the park wasn't to far from his home. A few cars drove by him, splashing a bit of water onto the sidewalk yet not enough to hit him. The breathes he let out could be seen in the cold air. Soon enough he had seen peggy sitting on the bench under the shelter house.
"So... Do you want to tell me why Alexander is upset after he left your house?"
Peggy asked as John approached her.