Chapter 7: Home

Chapter 7: Home 

Tanafriti

I really am falling for Decebal, I thought as I headed to my room. No. He couldn't possibly like me. But what about that kiss? My conscience questioned me. I sigh in frustration and confusion, Well, I guess the future holds the answer, I think as I fall onto my bed.

 The next morning, I head out of my room dressed in a white straight-dress with a white string held at my mid-waist, a gold an black pleated necklace, and a snake arm-band.

"Tanafriti, how are you?" I heard a voice say, a voice too familiar, like I've heard it before, but not in a long time. I turn around to see my brother, Biti!

"Oh my gosh! Biti, how are you? You've been gone for such a long time," I say, tears already falling out of my eyes. 

He smiled and said "I'm doing fine. And how is my only sister?" 

"Fine...except there's a new servant." 

"Who?" Biti said in a confused voice 

"Oh, his name is Decebal...a Roman." 

Biti's face stiffens a little, and he just continues to walk. He can't hate Romans that much, right?

Tonight was the night of, Fight. Fight is a traditional, yearly battle between two girls, usually the Pharaoh's daughter and the Pharaoh's friends' daughters'. The battle is two girls who has two traditional, and decorative swords, and when the girls who is on the verge to die, she has to beg for mercy, and when she does the opponent wins the battle. For the battle I was dressed in a symmetrically designed and pleated,black and gold bra, with a gold pleated skirt that was two inches above my knees.

"Ready, Fight!" The Guard yelled. The girl in-front of me was wearing the same attire as I. She was somewhat shorter than I, her air was slicked back and a traditional golden mask covered our face.I had absolutely no clue of who my opponent was, and it was very rare to find out who. 

I looked nervously at my father through the mask I wore, and oddly he looked delighted, to see his only daughter to fight.

I was face to face with my opponent, then we were back to back with our two golden swords in place. We turned to each other and our small swords started to go at each other, it was like I had another person inside of me, and I had no mercy.

She grabbed me from behind and had the sword pointed at my neck, I could see my Father, move uneasily in his seat. I let my instinct's take over, I kicked over my shoulder hitting her face. Once again we started to fight until she swung her leg beneath me, and I fell. My father squirmed in his seat again, and I thought, Do it for Father, do NOT beg for mercy!

I took off my mask revealing who I was.

"Put on your mask so we won't scar that pretty face of yours," She said--wait that voice was too familiar. She then removed her mask...Odjit?

Angered, I jump up from the floor and got my swords positioned. Odjit came at me, I fought this time with more fierceness. She brought a strong attack on me, and I blocked it...but not in the best way. She removed both of my swords, and so I did back-flips to the wall. I grabbed the huge reaper that was on my Father's wall. Odjit runs to the other wall and grabs a spear...the big one.

I start to twirl the reaper in a full circle, to prevent my enemy from hitting me. We came at each other, with such a fierce I was stunned, mentally. Odjit sung the spear at me, but I just did a back-bend. She swung the spear beneath my feet, and I dodged it, causing me to run for the tall, nine-foot-long vase. I run up it, Odjit missing me. When I ran off the vase I hit the floor and did a split, blocking the impact of Odjit's spear. Odjit was so angered at me, she was swinging her spear at me aimlessly. I was finally able to knock the weapon out of her hand; she then grabbed my reaper, and I turned around and flipped the reaper and Odjit over my back. I swung the reaper around and soon the edge was pointed at her throat.

"Mercy!" Odjit screamed.

I was so angry. What kind of friend are you?! I trusted you! And you repay me with close-death! Why should, I, let you live?! I thought angrily.

"What friend are you!?" I whispered angrily.

I got up, dropped my weapon on the ground and walked out of the room. I was fed up with it. Odjit, and I declare solemnly...You, are not my friend...Ever!