Chapter 1: Life

• Dedicated kay PryingMars99

Chapter 1: Life

Tanafriti

REVENGE, is it so wrong? Maybe? But what if your revenge is to reclaim what someone has stole from you? What would you do...?

I grabbed the swords and arrows from my father's hunting room. I quickly dressed myself into the Egyptian warrior clothes.  

Breathing heavily I creeped down stairs, to the door that leads to the outside. I quickly wrapped my cloth around my head since I had "forgotten" my wig. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Why, do you need a wig?  

Well, to answer your question, I loath wearing my wig, I have hair, yes and it's very long, but my mother and, well, everyone else (other than the slaves and commoners) wear wigs, because it's "tradition". I think there itchy and annoying, I mean, what if you do a speech and your wig falls off, or your with your lover and the wind blows your wig away. I purposely don't wear my wig, I just let my hair out. My parents think it's "inappropriate" to not wear my wigs, but I just reply, half-heartledy "yes", everytime they lecture me about it. 

I walked outside of the backdoor of the palace. I placed my sandals down and placed my feet in them. I started to walk the four mile trail, to the territory line that separated Egypt and Rome. 

"Tanafriti!" A familiar voice yelled. I looked behind my shoulder to see my friend, Odjit. My eyes widen,as she came up to me her coal hair swaying gracefully sisde-to-side as she ran in a bblue, velvet, straight-dress. "Tanafriti!" she yelled again coming up to me. 

"What!" I hissed. 

"Well you walk out here and your not even going to say 'Hello'." 

I could see everyone have there eyes on me and Odjit. I love her like a sister, but sometimes I just want to assassinate her...sometimes very badly. 

"Tanafriti!" a person yelled. Soon everyones eyes were on me. "Tanafriti!" they started to chant. They started to walk closer to Odjit and I. The only thing I thought was RUN! I clutched my weapons tighter and ran like death was coming for me. Odjit ran behind me as the big mob was after us.  

We finally lost the mob after a good three mile run. "Odjit...how...many times...do...I have...to tell...you about saying my name...out in...public?" I say in between breaths. 

"Sorry...Tanafriti" Odjit says. 

I lean back against the mud-brick house. I look at the sun...oh no it's about to set, I need to go home! I thought. "Odjit, sorry I have to go," I say gathering my weapons and darting to my palace. 

"Wait, don't tell me your going to go into the..." Odjit looks around to see if anyone is around. "The Romans territory" Odjit whispers. 

"No, I--," I didn't get to finish my sentence, because of the roar of people. I turned around to see people following my fathers chariot...and there was a...Roman on board of the chariot. "Oh. No," I whisper. 

"What is a Roman doing on your father's chariot?" Odjit asked alsmost yelling over the nasty curses the Egyptians roared. 

I started to run back home before anyone caught me. Why is there a Roman on my fathers chariot? Is it to prosecute the Romans? A persecution..., I thought. 

I finally arrived at the palace. I could tell my father was having a meeting with the High Priest. I slowly creep in through the back door. "Where have you been, young lady?" Mother said,startleing me right in my tracks tapping her foot impatiently. 

"Uhh? I...was...with Odjit...you know...talking to the other...soldiers," I lied. 

"Oh really, without your wig, and with swords and arrows," Mother says looking at my weapons. 

"Uh, well--" 

"Well nothing, you go and take a bath, because you do not smell, how a woman is supposed to," Mother said pushing me to the hall that led to the washroom. 

I love the washroom, other than the slaves that washes you-sorry mind my language, servants-. 

After washing myself, and wig; I rubbed a rose-scented oil all over myself and placed kohl on my eyes, eyelashes, and eyebrows. Then I placed henna dye on my lips and finger-nails. After all of my preparations for dinner, I put on a black spaggheti-strapped, straight-dress with a golden, blue and red increasted diamonds, belt that was held at my waist, a golden headress and a turqouise necklace. 

I headed downstairs to the dining area, but Mom and Dad weren't there. Where could they be? I thought. I looked around for awhile, then just stopped. Why was that Roman on Father's chariot though, where is the Roman? I thought. I got up from the steps of the stairs and went outside to the prison. That's the only possible place...right?